Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Shadow base GO! (UDK Environment)

Danglebob
polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
Danglebob polycounter lvl 15
Hey guys. been working on this for a little bit and thought i could use some fresh eyes on it.

Here is the concept by Feng Zhu i'm working from, you guys may have seen it in WAYWO:
extreme_image07.jpg

here's some key model screens taken from max:

2.jpg
variation on the previous shot
6.jpg
11.jpg

12.jpg

current color scheme:
10.jpg

along the same vein as Moon the movie 8ke8me8h6vdj1tjmn6c3.jpg

more stuff on the blog: http://jseamanart.wordpress.com/

ANY critique and comment is welcome and will be considered! so please SOCK IT TOO ME!

Replies

• P442
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    P442 polycounter lvl 8
    the dark grunge on your piece makes the metal look like concrete
  • plyrs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm not sure how close to the concept you are trying to stay, but here is a quick paint-over with some of the stuff I noticed.

paintover_01.jpg

Red Lines
    The left side support spar has a much more gradual curve in the concept. Even accounting for the difference in angle between the concept and your image, that middle panel is much higher on your model.

The ceiling of the left hallway is angled. It looks like your model is a 90 degree turn there. It might just be the angle your screen shot is from. Hard to tell.

Blue Lines
    The support in the background is much taller in the concept art. If easily clears the top panel before starting to curve.

Hopefully the paint-over helped. I have always found it easier to read those than to try to figure out what people mean from a description :)
  • Danglebob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Danglebob polycounter lvl 15
    NOT DEAD!
    Needed to take a couple steps back and work on the big picture rather than messing around with the details. so i blocked out a layout! Critiques and comments welcome and appreciated.

17.jpg
    18.jpg

and everything is floating off the ground because the brush and the floor tile were z fighting and it was driving me nuts. it wont be floating when i finish the floor. :D
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    The level you're assembling there, do you mean for that to be a playable level or just for showing off a scene? I ask because those stairs in the first image would be tight to navigate if the scale of the concept and this are similar. Should look pretty good either way.