Home› 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Little G - WIP

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
Jeremy Tabor polycounter lvl 13
Heres something I'll be messin around with for a little while. I'm a a couple hours in and I'm happy with where its headed so far. Any comments or suggestions are much appreciated!

Now I'm definitely no concept artist, lol, but heres the original concept I doodled up a few days ago just to give you guys an idea of what i'm goin for. Those lines protruding from his half-finished hands are supposed to be representative of some wicked hi-tech alien guns. It looks awesome in my head, i swear :poly142:. I'll probably take another swipe at the concept later to finish it up, but i wanted to get on with the modeling, so for now thats all i have to show in that respect.

alienconcept001.jpg

alienmodelsheet.jpg

alienshot1.jpg

alienshot3.jpg

alienshot2.jpg

Replies

• KyleJensen
    Offline / Send Message
    KyleJensen polycounter lvl 12
    If you have good orthographics, I'd recommend making a base mesh in another modeling program, then import it into Zbrush as an OBJ.

In programs like Maya and 3dsMax you can use your orthographic views on image planes to help you while you construct a base mesh to the likeness of your concept.
  • ngs616
    Hah, i like this concept. I think it's going to turn out pretty cool.
  • Sean VanGorder
    This is pretty turble.

Diggin the beanbag though.
  • Jeremy Tabor
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the comments guys.

@ shadowforce - Yea, I agree about the the base mesh in a more precise program first. I am still relatively new to character modeling and I know there are different workflows for things, so I thought i'd practice with zpheres. I normally do try to build up a nice clean base before I take it into zbrush, but I thought I would try something new. And as I'm sure you can see, I'm paying for it, as I've run into issues with pixel density around his midsection. I probably should retopo before i get too far in.

@ ngs616 - lol, thanks dude, I've made some progress on the model since the post, and I'll update the thread when i get a little further along. Thanks for the encouragement!

@ Sean_EG - I'm all about the anatomical accuracy... bro ;)
  • Jeremy Tabor
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys, I had time to sit down a little last night and this morning and made a little progress.

AlienModelupdate1.jpg

I started to flesh out the face and establish some of the muscle structure in the arms and back. The anatomy is basically human, and I'll probably look into feline or canine muscle structure for the legs. But after i'm done with the first muscle pass i need to move on to blocking out the clothes.

perspectiveupdate1.jpg

anyway, thats what i have to show. And like always, thanks in advance for any comments or critiques. Later dudes!
  • Jeremy Tabor
    Offline / Send Message
    got some clothes on him

littleGmodelsheetupdate3.jpg

took a pass at the hat and du rag. Next up are the pants

hat.jpg

durag.jpg