Home General Discussion

Recommended office chairs you have at home.

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
ebagg polycounter lvl 17
The office chair I've had for four years from Fred Meyer is beyond dead, I'm in the market for a good office chair that keeps me upright and in good posture. What do you have and/or recommend for keeping your posture correct?

Replies

• Esprite
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Esprite polycounter lvl 9
    I've always heard that Herman Miller and Steel Case make the best office chairs. Though they can get up there in cost.

One day I will own a Herman Miller Embody, or something better..maybe. (yeah right..)
    http://embody.hermanmiller.com
  • Autocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Autocon polycounter lvl 15
    I also need a new chair. The one I have is beyond horrible. Damn Staples on sale chairs! But for college it worked out. But now I just realize how uncomfortable it is. Not to mention it doesn't help with my horrendous posture. I am such a slouch. I feel like I should strap myself to a wood 2x4 to get into the habit of sitting up strait lol
  • [HP]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [HP] polycounter lvl 13
    Herman miller's are perfect!
  • JohnnySix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohnnySix polycounter lvl 16
    Got a Herman Miller at work, our company got a bunch of ex-Enron furniture when they went bust.

They're pretty good, though if you're in a hot office and you're a sweaty bastard even the fine mesh seat can stick. :P
  • haiddasalami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haiddasalami polycounter lvl 14
    Autocon wrote: »
    I also need a new chair. The one I have is beyond horrible. Damn Staples on sale chairs! But for college it worked out. But now I just realize how uncomfortable it is. Not to mention it doesn't help with my horrendous posture. I am such a slouch. I feel like I should strap myself to a wood 2x4 to get into the habit of sitting up strait lol

I have one of those staples chairs...it was good at first but there barely any cushion anymroe