Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Jmiles_TAD_Promotional Poster

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
jmiles interpolator
Hey guys.. Here's my thread for my Promotional Posters... I know this isn't game art, but It has 3D elements, and I'm seeking critique. I'm promoting my school and ultimately the Entertainment department of the school.. which games totally apply.. any suggestions, critiques and ideas to make it better would be very appreciative.. peace

milesposterdeisgn01.jpg

milesposterdeisgn02.jpg

Replies

• iansmithartist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iansmithartist polycounter lvl 14
    Looks good, and the model is interesting/eye catching.

But with the matrix style background text, the overlaid blurred "TAD" text and the "bloom" style effect, the eye gets distracted and doesn't know what to look at.

They are all nice effects but perhaps not all of them?
  • haiddasalami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haiddasalami polycounter lvl 14
    When I first read Illuminative Creativity I though I read Illuminati, the matrix background didnt help lol. Now to the critique, you need to work on the placement of the text. Look up some graphic design references. What do you want to go for? An illustrated look? Abstract? i tend to hate stuff with such a busy background. Steals the show from your main foreground element. Also KEY out the main areas you want to talk about, ie . Just as a side note, I would not put so many exclamation comments (!!!!) Makes it look juvenile and brings the quality down.

PS: Model looks nice. Nothing wrong with doing a model with a nice soft circular gradient.