Home Technical Talk

Max - ZBrush - Max Morpher Error

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Revel interpolator
Hi guys, I got a problem with my object right now. Sorry if this question has been asked in this forum before, I tried to search but guess I use a wrong keywords so it came out nothing (I saw this problem in ZBC forum a while back, but cant find it either :()

Here it the screenshot of the problem..

errorjq.jpg

The gray object is the original, export to ZBrush - sculpt - import it back into Max and use a Morpher Modifier to morph the original object (gray) into the refined object (pink), but that's what happen.

The thing that make me even more confuse is that just before this happen, the very same method was used, and it give me good result :poly132:

Does anyone experience this thing before?..any good solution to fix it?..
Thank you so much in advance for any help.

PS:
I notice that the one that give me good result was only 1 object (body) involved. But the error was 2 objects (body+dress) involved. Does that make any different?..

_Revel

Replies

• oglu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oglu polycount lvl 666
    check the obj import setting in max...
    in maya you have to uncheck multiple object or something like this...
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Revel wrote: »
    I notice that the one that give me good result was only 1 object (body) involved. But the error was 2 objects (body+dress) involved. Does that make any different?
    Looks like the vert order is all messed up, so vertex #1 on the gray model isn't in the same spot at vertex #1 on the pink. It happens quite a bit when importing and exporting or merging objects.

If the meshes are exactly the same, as in number of verts, edges and tris then you could use Morphix to reorder the verts on the gray mesh to match the verts on the pink.

http://www.martijnvanherk.com/page/morphix.html
  • Revel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Revel interpolator
    @oglu
    Yea I guess it's because of involving multiple objects causing problem.

@Vig
    Gosh, thanks Vig! That really works. Even though it said compatible to version 8 and 9, I try in version 2011 it still works!..and also thanks to MvH for making the MAXScript!

_Revel
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yea its saved my bacon quite a few times, love that little script. Glad it works in 2011, the last version I tried it out in was 2010. It's always quite a bit of breath holding, trial and error when making the jump every year.