Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio]-igi

igi
polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
igi polycounter lvl 12
i mostly working on props/environments...
i made a portfolio...its my very first one so pls bless me with comment&critiques :) thanks

http://igi.carbonmade.com/

Replies

• PredatorGSR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PredatorGSR polycounter lvl 14
    Site Critique:
    - Don't have the enter screen, go straight to the work.
    - The viewer should be able to click on the image to go to a breakdown that shows wire frame and texture sheets.

Work Critique:

- On the C4, it almost looks like you forgot to darken the tape in a couple areas, some of it is dark, but some of it is painted over. I would darken all the tape.
    - I wouldn't include anything that isn't textured. Either texture it, or dump it.
    - The rocks don't look like they have a proper spec map and they are way too shiny.

Your work is solid and you have good presentation renders. I think you need to work on some more complicated assets, and have a larger body of finished work.
  • Poribo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Poribo polycounter lvl 13
    It's lacking capital letters on the text, seems less professional.
  • Andrew Mackie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You have some amazing looking work.
    I agree with PredatorGSR though, you need to have a more "in-depth" feel to the work. Right now it seems bland [in the way it is shown, not the quality of the work].
  • Serp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Serp polycounter lvl 17
    Yeah it's a good start. Now work on some environments. 2-3 environments at your skill level should be a kick ass portfolio.
  • igi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    igi polycounter lvl 12
    thanks everyone,yeah its my first one and make it quickie...agreed i need to work on a big project,environments....
  • rollin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    learn how to use a spec map.. that's the most important thing imo when I look at your portfolio

cheers
  • c0ldhands
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    c0ldhands polycounter lvl 15
    I agree with >rollin< here. The tires you made for example look like the rubber is in fact metal. Rubber= no spec at all. And the metal wall actually looks like it doesnt have a diffuse at all. I actually mistaken it for something you might have sculpted in mudbox.
  • Saman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Saman polycounter lvl 13
    The car tyre needs to be improved. The spec is too bright and the material doesn't look like a car tyre's. It's also missing details on the side and the rims on the inside part of the wheel(see the wheel on the bottom) is lacking normal map depth. You could increase the normal map intensity on that part. See ;
    old_tyres.jpg
    Other than that I think you have a great portfolio, the c4 bomb thing at the top looks great!
  • igi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    igi polycounter lvl 12
    thanks all yeah i need to work on my spec maps more!!!...i am starting to make a big environment as you guys suggested...

@coldhands yeah i actually sculpted it in mudbox(i proud of it :P) but how did you know that? :D
  • P442
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    P442 polycounter lvl 8
    i would take the tires out and maybe tone down spec on those rock formations, but other than that, nice work