Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] – Josh Lennen - NC

polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
Firebert polycounter lvl 15
Been a while since I posted an update. Missing a couple texture sheets I need to get up as well as some copyright-ish branding on some pieces.

Thoughts, suggestions, and harsh criticism welcomed on both content and site.

Bash away!

http://www.joshlennen.com

Replies

• PredatorGSR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PredatorGSR polycounter lvl 14
    I think in general your models are kickass, but the textures aren't quite as good. For example, on the Max Payne looking guy, your zbrushed model looks great, but the textured version looks a bit more bland. I'm not sure whats wrong with the textures exactly, thats just the overall feeling I get.
  • Envelope
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    http://www.joshlennen.com/number9/index.html

Reminds me of some of the Creature Box stuff. Was it part of your inspiration for that one?

Edit: Woops...just read the top of your page... mentions Creature Box and Greg :)
  • Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nizza_waaarg polycounter lvl 15
    doope :)

cool stuff man (and nice simple site layout).
    Gotta agree on the low poly/textures thing. The sculpt for that cop looks rad but not digging the final as much. Could try throwing a little more colour into them textures, little more wear and damage on the clothes to vary it up a bit mebbe. Fancier more edgy lights on the final too, i dunno :P

And that number 9 robot dude, s'awsome : O

(also *bash* :3)
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    Yeah, I agree with Nizza, but great job man!

The street cop did turn out great, but the render could use some more love and texture details.

Also, I would def. mention how he is being rendered, and be sure to get a shadow in your final beauty. Seems odd that you have a shadow in the wires and not the beauty. Great job though, and I love seeing your portfolio grow!
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
    I like it :)! Great work on top of a great / easy to use website.
  • Firebert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firebert polycounter lvl 15
    PredatorGSR: I agree with you that I am still on the weak side for texturing. It is something I am looking to improve upon though :) In regards to the "Street Cop", I am currently revising him when I have time between other freelance duties. If you notice in the sculpt, the gloves are different than the low poly model. The low poly still has the old gloves and I haven't had time to work the new ones in. So when I do, I will make another pass on the textures for sure. I did however want to get a straight up male character on my site though, which is why he is up there in his current state atm.

Envelope: I love Greg and Dave's work! Greg was kind enough to let me use it on my site. I think I would possibly be willing to kill somebody to work at their Raleigh office though. Literally. Not in a psychotic way but in a very gentlemanly manner with breif cases, leather gloves, and beef jerky.

Nizza_waaarg: will do bub :P thanks for the bash! :3 <- eyes w/butt lips?!?

BradMyers82: I TOTALLY forgot to adjust that dang shadow distance slider in marmo! :facepalm: He needs some 3P love I think. Once I finalize him and put some more polish on the textures, I'll rig him up sexy for ya.... just for you though :P

Haiasi: Thanks man! You shoulda seen my first run at a folio site.... OMG it was awful. I think KP was the first to reply with a "it looks so bad it makes me not want to look at anything and just close it". Can't remember. I am still striving to earn KP's love though. A very difficult endeavor for any man................. or lady.