Home General Discussion

Anyone check the new "syfy" series? Haven?

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
I did and i like, i like alot ;O

I thought the first episode was kind of decent aswell, something that rarely happens... but hey. I might be biased.

I'm a huge new england / stephen king-nerd. I just hope they pull it in a darker direction but we'll see. I thought the visuals were very interesting at least. :)

The characters themselves needs some work though. but eh. It's just the first episode.

http://www.syfy.com/haven/

Replies

• achillesian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    what happened to space shows
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    what happened to space shows

!!!
  • Moosey_G
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I happened to watch the premiere episode because I couldn't fall asleep. It's okay. It has potential, but honestly it's a very bland story. I suppose I don't appreciate it enough because I don't like King. But honestly, what happened to space shows. Put up Stargate SG1 again.
  • LoTekK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LoTekK polycounter lvl 17
    What happened to space shows is that they started trying to be BSG (see Stargate Universe, which had potential but rapidly turned into this dull fucking personalityless painful excuse for a show).

Haven was fun, and seems to hold some promise. Lead actress is cute as a button, too.
  • Jeremy-S
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy-S polycounter lvl 11
    Couldn't agree more, LoTekK. I couldn't get into BSG at all, and yeah, I really tried too. Normally when a show is over, I like to watch the last episode at least. For BSG, I just couldn't care no matter how hard I tried.

As far as Haven goes, the first episode screamed Eureka cop-off. don't get me wrong, I like eureka, and I understand about pilot-itus, I just think the beginning premise could have been better thought out. It is a good show though. I didn't know it premiered, but I don't watch television anymore, just hulu.

I'll keep watching for a while for sure.
  • Moosey_G
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Eureka rip off for sure. No doubt about it. Eureka failed after the first season though so lets see what haven can do.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    wtf

Eureka rules!
  • Jeremy-S
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy-S polycounter lvl 11
    Eureka does rule. And I'm glad they finally started the newest season. I was starting to think they had canceled it. Like The Dresden Files, which I enjoyed immensely, and why they never turned that mini-series about the key that could open doors to other places, into a regular series I'll never know. It was amazing, and had a crapton of series potential. Yet they can still throw money at sharktopus, and all those other shitty original movies... I don't understand that channel.
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    Yeah, I just watched the 2nd episode hoping it would get better...nope.
    This show is awful. Just terribly acted, poorly written and the shooting/visual style is completely uninspired.
    Tho...I really like Eureka and Stargate: Universe, so...different strokes for different folks.
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    Jeremy-S wrote: »
    I don't understand that channel.

reasoning why they changed the name to SyFy:

"The name Sci Fi has been associated with geeks and dysfunctional, antisocial boys in their basements with video games and stuff like that, as opposed to the general public and the female audience in particular," Tim Brooks, who helped launch Sci Fi Channel, told TVWeek. "It's somewhat cooler and better than the name 'Science Fiction.' But even the name Sci Fi is limiting."

and because "you can't copyright a genre."
  • Moosey_G
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam wrote: »
    wtf

Eureka rules!

Okay okay, I just miss Nathan :(