Rumkugel
polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
Rumkugel polycounter lvl 14
1fazc.jpg
2obt9.jpg
32bcd.jpg
47zip.jpg

Been working on this piece for a streched amount of time and still need to tweak a thing or two. Sight needs to be build yes.

Suggestions please :)

Replies

• se7ered
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the bumps look too prominent on most of the rough parts and so do the scratches on the metal.
    the wood looks too glossy for how worn it is.
    other than that the textures look really good
  • fabio brasilien
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fabio brasilien polycounter lvl 11
    I agree with se7ered. It looks great, but I have some suggestions:
    -The shoulder suport looks like metal. I got some reference and I think it is plastic.
    -The scratches on the wood looks to yellow. Like a "wood painting over plastic"
  • Rumkugel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rumkugel polycounter lvl 14
    The shoulder support is rubber actually.

i´ll take a look into the wood, but it might be due the spec.
    the stock is usually painted with varnish and usally quite glossy like on every russian weapon i can tweak it tho.
    the receiver actually a very rough finish where you can see the CNC machineing.
    or can you be more specific?
  • se7ered
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i'm looking at the third image down. the wood is too bumpy. as fabio was saying...the wood under the varnish is too yellow..too new. when you stain wood it seeps in so it would still be dark. the wear on the stock looks more like chipped paint than scratched wood varnish. even if the wood underneath is that light there would still be dirt and grime from being handled.

look here
    http://mayang.com/textures/Wood/images/Flat%20Wood%20Textures/wood_scratched_closeup_6222730.JPG

and picture that after dirty hands have been all over it. glossy parts would resist more dirt, scratched parts would catch a lot of dirt

i'm not sure what the parts are all called, but the piece that the clip is in looks more like a wood grain than your wood does.

i understand that the russian guns have high gloss...but with something that has taken this much abuse, the gloss would have worn down, been scratched, and become less shiny