Home General Discussion

Dragon Age II

Replies

• Purplepaint
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Purplepaint polycounter lvl 8
    Since i sadly didn't pick up DA:O/A etc due to lack of funds, i feel obligated to purchase this when it comes out :)
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    I kinda enjoyed the first one (well ok i played through it). Seems like you're working out the kinks in the second one.
    Also. Dual wielding dwarves kill EVERYTHING. Starting with your knees. I was hilariously overpowered :)

Also. Release graphix yo! ;)
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    There better be a multitude of nippled flesh revealing lust demons in the second one too.
  • vcool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld wrote: »
    There better be a multitude of nippled flesh revealing lust demons in the second one too.

qft
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    the debut trailer comes out on my birthday. how appropriate!
  • JDinges
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JDinges polycounter lvl 18
    Loved the game, really looking forward to this one.
  • numo16
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    numo16 polycounter lvl 9
    Please tell me that hands were done better in this one...they drove me nuts every time I saw them in dialog, cinematics, etc...that being said, I am super stoked for this game and I think it will take an interesting direction while playing a character with an established background.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    First game kept my interest, but as per usual with me and games, it fizzled before the end. Character creation was nice, leaps and bounds better than the CC in Mass Effect.
    Looking forward to it.
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    Liked the first one, though havent beaten it yet. Didnt get any expansion stuff either. I liked Mass Effect WAAAAY more. I'll probably beat #1 here soon, and provided the previews look good, pick up the new one. Bioware has my near complete trust/loyalty.
  • Jon Rush
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    1st one was great! I didn't mind the characters at all - I thought it was all very cool.

Ended up getting my rogue to level 24... completed just about everything (missed side quests with Sten).

Anyhow, I need to install that expansion...

--edit--

ALMOST 24, my bad :P

Found a shot of him at the end of the game:
    piggy.jpg
  • Keg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
    Dunno what to think. First Dragon Age frustrated me with all the memory leak errors and the horible load times it ended up causing. Also, the ogre looks like he has down syndrome in this screen.

DA2firstscreens02.jpg
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    the first screen of the two looked fine.. however this one.. I'm not sure it was ready to be shown..

still looking forward to it.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    it looks like it might be going the mass effect route, in terms of realtime/turn based combat mix.

which is nice =]
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    Ey. RUSH! I named my character piggy aswell. :(
  • teaandcigarettes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    teaandcigarettes polycounter lvl 12
    it looks like it might be going the mass effect route, in terms of realtime/turn based combat mix.

which is nice =]

Personally, I'm rather disappointed. I'm not a fan of ME, though I found ME2 to be a lot better and enjoyable.

I find those changes to be rather odd; if I want to play an RPG/action-adventure hybrid I will play ME, if I want to play a more old-school RPG's I will play DA:O. Why can't we have a little bit more diversity?

That said, I'm still looking forward to this game. However, I will remain cautious and wait till the game is released, rather than blindly preorder it as I originally planned.

But I'm still open to the changes; even if it doesn't resemble the original I will buy it as long as it's good. I just wish they would simply polish the DA:O model, rather than replace it.
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox veteran polycounter
    as long as matt is going to do the artdirection and they finally do what he says all will be good :D

oh just recogniuzed these are actual screenshots, i'm dissappointed doesn't look like matts work that much :(
  • kaze369
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kaze369 polycounter lvl 8
    I can't for the trailer! :) you're so lucky to be working on something like this.
  • SnowInChina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SnowInChina interpolator
    seriously

i dont play dingle player games. ever.
    but somehow i ended up playing dragon age 1 since a friend of mine told me every day how awesome it is and that i really have to play it. and it was really awesome
    i even played it until the end

in the past i played some single player games but couldnt bother to finish them, i think dragon age was the third game i ever finished (even played it twice for a different ending and character.
    first time was kind of funny. everyone hated me but morrigan, but she decided to dump me before the final stage, so i ended up with a party one man short, without a healer and only 2 healpotions left for the last chapter in the castle-part. now that wasnt so easy)

iam really looking forward to part2
    also iam really happy to see someone around here who was working on it (so i can send u threat-mails if i mess up like last time)
  • Disco Stu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Probably the only game in that i listened to every dialogue.
  • CJE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CJE polycounter lvl 13
    Here's another screenshot we released showcasing Hawke, our Protagonist.

DA2firstscreen1v2.jpg
  • JacqueChoi
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    If you post in this thread, you should be required to say who you slept with in the game.

I went with Leliana. I hated Morrigan's faux british accent. Reminded me too much of Madonna.

(In Mass Effect 2, I went with Tali, because Miranda's accent pissed me of too... and I have a thing for blue chicks.. like Capt Kirk).

Anyways yeah, even though I never finished the first one, I'll probably pick up the second one (and not finish it as well).

:D
  • kaze369
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kaze369 polycounter lvl 8
    JacqueChoi wrote: »
    If you post in this thread, you should be required to say who you slept with in the game.

I went with Leliana. I hated Morrigan's faux british accent. Reminded me too much of Madonna.

(In Mass Effect 2, I went with Tali, because Miranda's accent pissed me of too... and I have a thing for blue chicks.. like Capt Kirk).

Anyways yeah, even though I never finished the first one, I'll probably pick up the second one (and not finish it as well).

:D
    Are you kidding me British accents rock! Of course I went with Morrigan and Miranda.
  • Jon Rush
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I slept with Morrigan, and I slept with the rogue dude. I had to slut it up for the dude because I needed to learn the Assassin subset.
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    CJE wrote: »
    Here's another screenshot we released showcasing Hawke, our Protagonist.

DA2firstscreen1v2.jpg

ethan-hawke.jpg
  • amotaf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ohhhh when are Bioware going to release the next installment to Baldur's Gate I'm really itching to get that game I would buy like a million copies if they did ( last comment was hyperbole).
  • Disco Stu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I slept with my own crappy elve rogue.
    Because I WAS MORRIGAN uber leet mage from the woods.
    The only weapon against dragons too coldcone blizzard coldcone diee!!
    I forced that rogue to do what i want!
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    The screenshots look better than the first one, more detial sure... but i was hoping for a look that mimiced one of the first images:

concept-01-o.jpg

I'm excited to see the new shots and info on 2, its just i had hoped for a little more "completely new art style" and a little less Mass Effect, especially after that concept.

That said, that dude's hair is cool :)

//wow massive fail in my original post... edited. I am excited to see new shots :)
  • Vrav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vrav polycounter lvl 11
    ... I don't think it looks better at all, wtf. It's gone all Korean MMO, armour-wise. Jumping to hit a guy? Is that really so cool anymore? Meh! I am not a fan of Bioware's late games. Feel sorry for them, really... it's like they're having a midlife crisis. Or embarking upon a downward spiral. Or I should stop expecting so much and quit judging. They can do what they want. :) But it doesn't seem right, to me.

I like to pretend they're, like, crying in the closet while Activision or whatever drains their soul, but that doesn't seem a valid accusation these days. I don't know. It's my coping method, to believe that is the case...
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    Vrav wrote: »
    ... Jumping to hit a guy? Is that really so cool anymore?

I'm guessing it's the special kill animation.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeH8A5smrK0[/ame]
  • Vrav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vrav polycounter lvl 11
    I know, I just don't think it's special. I'm bitter towards God of War / Gears of War / Mass Effect / etc. I should shut my mouth, because I'm simply not a fan... but those DA2 screens are a massive departure from the style of the first, which is fine if it's an all-new world etc, but... it just... it looks seriously bad. Again, they can do what they want, but it's baffling.
  • Pseudo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pseudo polycounter lvl 18
    Hopefully this is a case of a production coordinator taking screenshots of an early alpha build and releasing it for the world to see, much to the chagrin of the artists.

I was very excited by the concept art posted, but I agree that these latest screenshots look worse than the first game.
  • CJE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CJE polycounter lvl 13
    New concept art released

concept-03-o.jpg
  • r_fletch_r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r_fletch_r polycounter lvl 9
    JacqueChoi wrote: »

Both Morgian and Miranda are voiced by Australian women speaking in their native accents. Miranda got her voice and face from Yvonne Stravinski and Morigan was voiced by Claudia black. Not a bit of English anywhere :). They usually hire voice talent from the region they want the character to be from I think. Im pretty sure Leliana was a Parisian woman

I completely didnt realise that Aria was Carie Ann Moss from the matrix. They had such an epic cast. I only clocked it recently that the police chief on the citadel is Saul Tai from Battle star Gallactica.

On Topic: I really cant wait for this I've loved their recent games. If they got rid of the crappy finishing moves id be happy though. they felt tacked on and annoying
  • CJE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CJE polycounter lvl 13
    You wouldn't believe how many complaints we got about Lelianna having a fake sounding french accent, even though the voice actress was french. Sigh...
  • CJE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CJE polycounter lvl 13
    Check out the CG trailer we just released created by Digic.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc-10-dragon-age-2/702959
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    CJE wrote: »
    Check out the CG trailer we just released created by Digic.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc-10-dragon-age-2/702959

Blur didn't make this? im a bit surprised as they made both the mass effect 2 and dragon age cinematic's :S
  • Purplepaint
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Purplepaint polycounter lvl 8
    I wet myself due to the vid.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    vid=capt janeway :D
  • Savvy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Savvy polycounter lvl 13
    I really liked what they were saying in the Game Informer article about a more distinguished art style, but the screenshots so far look kind of dead. I loved the first so much that I'll have to get the sequel no matter what changes are made, I just hope it isn't turned into Mass Effect: fantasy edition.
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dejawolf polycounter lvl 18
    NO.
    DA2firstscreen1v2.jpg
    jack-black-kungfu-p_682572c.jpg
    separated at birth.
  • D-Robe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    :D!! Oh man.
    Great. Now I won't be able to unsee it; It's like the old bioshock/bomberman cover chestnut.