Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

RABBAT

New character I'm working on. Came up with a concept yesterday that I liked, but still fuzzy on the final shape. Blocked in the model today (still pretty messy) and I wanted to get your thoughts and crits if possible.
Thanks!

4778227327_c2aaed98d2_b.jpg4778861996_306b3de2fa_b.jpg4778227341_789a100b40_b.jpg

Replies

• pliang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    Stitch?

It kind of looks like a bat like the name implies, but it should have some more recognizable features like devolved wings on sides of the arm and more body hair.
  • Torrrtilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh man, I think I'm going to change the name. Thanks for the comment! He is a bit stitch like especially the proportions. I think I'm going back to toying with concept more before proceeding. I see him as rodent/leporidae like, and I find the idea I a freakish rabbit to be fairly appealing especially since I've had one as a pet in the past.
  • Torrrtilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I went a little 180 on the original concept but I really wasn't happy with it. I would like to do a bit more hard surface modeling and as I been working out the concept and I found the idea a rabbit like creature with moto elements to be appealing to me. The legs still have not been resolved and I'm not sure what to do yet. Any crits or comments welcome as always and are very appreciated. Cheers

4798122257_7d9069a8b8_b.jpg
  • Torrrtilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zbrushing away. I think I have a better idea of what I want to do with this character. A large lumbering blind guard, that is inspired by naked mole rats and rabbits. I would like to imagine that this poor creature is a product of horrid genetics and live in a would where the armor is futuristic but is influenced by the past. 4819882525_c60043bb7f_b.jpg
  • c0ldhands
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    c0ldhands polycounter lvl 15
    Liked him better before when he was cute. It would have been more original with a fat cute thing in a armor then the creature you are going for now. Disgusting thing in armor done before, cute thing in aromor, not done as often
  • SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    quite like this... robo donnie darko...timetraveling marine bunny
  • StevenEgan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StevenEgan polycounter lvl 9
    Nice, I'm liking the way the sculpt is shaping up. Looking forward to seeing how the armor turns out, and how it effects his proportions.
  • Disco Stu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stop the muscles and start a stylized version!
    And please not space marine style ^^
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like them both, but they are two separate projects. I love the style of the first and hope someday you go back and finish it to match the concept(s).

The one you have going now is a cool idea and it seems to be progressing nicely so I await future updates. =)
  • Torrrtilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys! I really appreciate the comments and crits. I'm still in limbo over the clothing or armor, so I'll work that out this weekend, but yeah I think I'm going to veer away from space marine and more towards something a little less cheesy. As for the cute version I will have to shelve that for another day.
  • Torrrtilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ravit5-1.jpgravit6.jpgQuick update- been working on attire that I think would fit with this character better that what I had earlier. I still have not added the belt, but I was hoping to get peoples thoughts thus far. Thanks!