Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Hurray for meaningless awards

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Ajax polycounter lvl 18
Today I am in a pretty good mood because I woke up to find out the Facebook game I did Art Direction on was awarded the #2 Facebook game of 2010 spot by InsideSocialGaming. ISG is one of the more well known blogs that covers this stuff. There is a little thumbnail in the WIP banner that rotates up there, which I thought was pretty cool (thanks admins). :D

Like probably most Polycounters I don't actually play a lot of Facebook games (despite working on them) but it's fun thinking a few million people get to see your stuff every day and you can talk to everyday people about the games you make and they will actually know what game you are talking about.

Secretly hoping as the market matures so we can introduce more interesting gameplay mechanics over the next 5 years that continues to appeal to this new huge audience of non-mainstream gamers as well as mainstream gamers (aka me). These games are small enough that I still do a lot of the labor too though, I did 90% of all the animation for Social City for launch, as well as probably 40% of the modeling. Not like big-time console gaming.

Anyway, yay: http://www.insidesocialgames.com/2010/06/30/best-facebook-games-of-2010-part-i/