Home Unreal Engine

blurry textures

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
boyluya polycounter lvl 10
Hey guys, why my textures are getting blurred when I start the actual game (but they look sharp in the viewport and play in editor)? I already changed the LOD of each textures to -2 but they're still getting blurred. Is there a way to get through this? Thanks. :)

Replies

• Oniram
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 15
    its some sort of bug with udk. ive come across this and to fix it i usually have to go into the content browser, and hover my mouse over every texture, then every material, then every mesh. then in the viewport go into game mode and out about 2 times or so. hovering over the thumbnail will pretty much refresh it. you can often see that happening when you are making material changes and it doesnt update in the content browser. usually also this only happens when i first turn on the computer and go straight into UDK. also if the packages is large ive seen it happen and it could be just because of that as well.
  • moose
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    what LOD group do you have them set to? You can set the LOD Bias, but there is a possibility the ini is nuking it.

If you go into UTEngine.ini, you can edit the values there. Search for TEXTUREGROUP, and you can define the values.
  • boyluya
    Offline / Send Message
    boyluya polycounter lvl 10
    moose: They're set to RenderTarget and LOD bias to -2. Actually, they look fine in the viewport gameview and play in editor. But when I start the level in an actual game, that's where I get inconsistent texture quality.