Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: STRIKER

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
STRIKER polycounter lvl 13
Shit, have to jump into polycounts community. I'm going to start off with some speedies :)

So right now i have some 40-60 min sketches. fun to do for warm ups

post210.jpg

And im starting this silhouette practice thingy, just coming up with silhouettes and making sculpts from them. They are really fun. I'm trying to stay in 40-60 mins tho.

post310.jpg

post410.png

Replies

• marlfox8
    nice, they have lots of character
  • STRIKER
    Offline / Send Message
    marlfox8 - thanks buddy, glad you like :)

Did another speedie for today, 1h or so. enjoy :)

head_s10.jpg
    And heres the list so far. Almost done.
    list_u10.jpg
  • marlfox8
    the way you sculpt these heads is interesting. using that sorta silhoutte
  • leslievdb
    Offline / Send Message
    leslievdb polycounter lvl 15
    some great speedsculpts you have here
    i like the clean hard lines they have in them and the overall silhouets

good job
  • STRIKER
    Offline / Send Message
    marlfox8 - yea man its hella fun. basically you can make whatever you see fit for that silhouette :)

Ravenslayer - thanks man, these kind of comments make me strive harder :) thanks a lot :)

Alright so i dove in some realistic head study and this took more time then the speedies......i mean it is a STUDY i guess so check it out :) CRITS are VERY welcomed

redone10.jpg
  • STRIKER
    Offline / Send Message
    Did another sculpt today........ yea, dont know what went wrong but, i ended up with an overweight Hitler that ever happen to you? enjoy

head_s11.jpg
  • Figure0
    Wow you are amazing!
  • OzMa
    That's a lot of work. Cool style ! :)
  • STRIKER
    Offline / Send Message
    Figure0 - thanks man! more to come

OzMa - yea need to get good :) busting ass
    im going to do a more serious sculpt so i did some concepts and a background story, check it :)

This being was forced against his will to be the guardian of the most sacred door. He protects the most precious gap, " the Door of Answers". Answers to love, curses, cures, fortune and salvation reside within it. Though, lives on earth would be no lesson if humans were to have access to this piece of heaven.

The bad spirit that robbed him of his vision and bound him to this sanctuary forces him to do the unforgivable, slaying anyone that dares get passed him to the Door of Answers. Any one that wanted to pass through would have find the impossible speed and strength to defeat him. He lives off sound and vibrations alone, as the victims or animals that trail by his domain are slayed and eaten as his meal for his survival. If he is taken lightly, you will see a formidable foe.

pg113.jpg
    pg310.jpg

did some variation, not to big but some. tell me what you guys think or suggestions on combining some. after that ill paint the final decision

concep11.jpg
  • Allan-p
    Offline / Send Message
    Allan-p polycounter lvl 7
    Looking forward to the sculpt. I had interesting idea pop in my head when I saw the second variation with the shield. Rather than the face and tongue you could incorporate an "Evil Eye" or something similar. It would be interesting in two cases, one being that the user is blind and people can believe it is the source of his power and the other contrasts with what shield does. When you block you tend to obscure your vision but with this "Evil Eye" it appears that the user can see all even though the shield bloats their vision (not that it matters in this case, but from a communal story point of view the locals of your world could create myths)

With the third alternation, the bandage wraps seem too placed, is there any purpose why they are solely located around his lower extremities. Though I'm intrigued with the bigger feet (slightly biased as I tend to gravitate towards larger feet in my doodles).

Anyhow some thoughts, you can take them with a grain of sand. Looking forward to the sculpt!
  • STRIKER
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for your interest Allan-p :) i believe some one else said the same thing about the eye on the shield. sounds like a really good idea, but u know im just waiting for peoples final thoughts on what i should make. im tallying your thought tho thanks :)

and the bandages are just for looks/idea. if you have anymore ideas let me kno!
  • Medestruit
    I think if you're going to stick to that troll/orc'ish style of character with muscles, you should mess with the proportions more. Maybe short, muscular legs with a very muscular upper body that is longer than the legs. Essentially make him longer from the waist up than from the waist down. Other than that aspect, I'd work more on the apparel/accessories.

It's a good start to a concept though, should be nice to see it fleshed out.
  • STRIKER
    Offline / Send Message
    Medestruit wrote: »
    I think if you're going to stick to that troll/orc'ish style of character with muscles, you should mess with the proportions more. Maybe short, muscular legs with a very muscular upper body that is longer than the legs. Essentially make him longer from the waist up than from the waist down. Other than that aspect, I'd work more on the apparel/accessories.

It's a good start to a concept though, should be nice to see it fleshed out.

nah i dont want to go for the stereotypical ogre thats not what im going for and for the other stuff, Any good suggestions/pics? that would really help

thanks
  • STRIKER
    Offline / Send Message
    i might do another or a couple of ideas before i settle on one smile.gif heres one
    sil110.jpg
  • Allan-p
    Offline / Send Message
    Allan-p polycounter lvl 7
    Interesting, it must of been the thing on his back but for some reason I pictured Escrima/Kali gear. As it resembles the face guard of the escrima helmet.

The new silhouette reminds of a satyr, or at least that's how I'm reading it. The lanky arms are interesting;however in a biased fashion I still prefer the enlarged forearms as they seem fun.

Looking good thus far :)
  • STRIKER
    Offline / Send Message
    Been really busy lately, but heres where i last left off on this. going to pick it back up

O and for a back story for this fella : This BOSS is no easy foe, he has mastered the ability to harness souls. He captures the dead/lost souls in his giant lantern that lights his own soul. do you have the courage to face this demon and risk your own spirit to free gobblegazilillions !?.

halfdo10.jpg
  • STRIKER
    Offline / Send Message
    been chipping away on the lantern for this guy. STILL WIP, need it more spooky :)

lanter10.jpg
  • STRIKER
    Offline / Send Message
    the fight isn't over yet...i hope :) been really busy with other stuffs but now i feel i have the time to get back to this.

REPEEK shall be his name which in backwards mean keeper (clever i know ;)

silhouette so far

sil.png
  • STRIKER
    Offline / Send Message
    still much to do. im doing no more detail until i pose him tonight. i have some ideas for good poses. i want to finish so i can get in so comic CON!!!

still much to do, here comes no sleep :) enjoy

sculpt3.png
  • pixelmitherer
    Nice work all round.

I'm liking your concepts.
  • STRIKER
    Offline / Send Message
    pixelmitherer - thanks a lot!

hey, im back with a pose! i wanted to get this done asap. i made a pedestal too. Its a hill hes walking up. still stuff to DO!

note to self : veins, depth tech., make dirt build up at his feet.
    enjoy!
    sculpt4.png
  • STRIKER
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys for the great feedback and crits. this challange was crazy and ive learned some new tricks.

FINAL

beautyshot.png

wipshot.png
  • STRIKER
    Offline / Send Message
    i did not do the pose or gun
    Characters done for Tactical Assault.pretty old now (dec 2010). These were my first game ready models, their are some errors (high poly count, proportions etc.) but i tried to learned as much as possible when making him. learned a TON and ready for the next

tri count is 20,000 tris @_@

mediamattttt.png

CONTRUCTION.png

TEXTURES.png

update18.png

update19.png

and some other stuff

kid-1.png

kiddd.jpg

lips.jpg

ear.jpg

wip2.jpg

5.png

WIP5-1.png

WIP6.png
  • STRIKER
    Offline / Send Message
    Dam this sketchbook is full of old poo! Time for an update!

Been playing lol and i havez some of dat fanart.

presentation inspired my jfletch <3

ziggs.png

ziggspresentation.jpg

beautyu.jpg

ziggssculpt.jpg

i changed A LOT with the low poly ha.
  • Blaisoid
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaisoid polycounter lvl 7
    i'd love to see the reepek guy textured, he has a quite interesting design.
    (maybe besides attatchment of the circle thing. it looks like it would fall off quickly)
  • Dantert
    Offline / Send Message
    Dantert polycounter lvl 10
    Awesome models!