Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] Ian Smith

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
iansmithartist polycounter lvl 14
I took some time to re-design my site:

www.artofiansmith.co.uk

I finished university in November and have been taking some time to build pieces for my portfolio and it got to the point where I really needed a site to display my work properly.

It's powered by wordpress, which not everyone loves, but for me it means I can easily update it with little fuss.

There are parts i'm not 100% happy with, such as the sideways characters and watchtower thumbs, maybe smaller vertical thumbnails?

Keeping it to the point, just looking for some c&c, one the work included and the website itself, before I take things further.

Thanks for looking!

[edit] ty, link fixed.

Replies

• rawrsie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    first, fix your post. the link is wrong.

-as for the content, i'd lose the characters altogether - they're not the strong point.
    -rework the cave scene A LOT if you want to include it. the ferns are very unnatural sticking straight out like that and there are major pixel density issues... and the water looks out of scale and out of place... hmm, and the lighting is atrocious too. also the sculpt looks like you spent about half an hour on it with one brush.

-the first environment is by far your strongest piece and I also like the concrete wall and mini comp entry.

good luck taking things further.
  • Shogun3d
  • iansmithartist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iansmithartist polycounter lvl 14
    Thanks for the advice,

I wasn't sure about the cave when I included it, its gone now.

And the two characters; the only two things I have going for me in my resume at the moment, because I have no industry experience, are game mod work and university games course, those two characters are evidence of that and the reason I included them.