Home Contests & Challenges Archives

TF2 - Polypack: Naso

Been working on this for a little while, I had no idea how to model or use the program, but I took my time, watched a videos, read some tutorials, and just fiddled around for quite some time. I think I'm getting the hang of this thing now, at least more so then I started with.

I would love to do some pyro stuff since that's the class that I play the most, but I don't have any ideas for him/her at the moment. The way I work, is if I have a coherent idea, I go for it and build apon it. That's why sometimes when people ask me to make clan avatars for them, I just can't because I have no ideas flowing.

But for the sniper, some ideas came to mind, and I think they would be pretty cool in game. I was Thinking some sort of hunting/survival knife/machete to replace the Kukri. Nothing to crazy, should still be like "oh that's the melee weapon"

survival_kukri_knife_ks4858-2.jpg

GOV%20ISSUE%20SURVIVAL%20KNIFE.JPG

conceptmeleesniper.jpg
Then I started thinking about what hunters use for, well hunting. There are an array of different weapons and things to use. Then the crossbow popped up in my head as a nice replacement for the huntsmen.

xlg_crossbow_0.jpg

wildcat.jpg

I still haven't come up for any ideas for the Uzi replacement, but I'm sure I can go look at some references and some up with something worth while, there are tons and tons of guns and pictures of them out there.

For the hat I has thinking something sort of like this:
257428_31390_41?wid=330&hei=295

plaidhuntingcap.jpg

But yeah, I started to work on the model for the crossbow, here's what I have so far: I know there is not much at the moment, but any Comments, Ideas, Dislikes, would be greatly appreciated.

ScreenShot102.jpg
ScreenShot103.jpg

crossbow12.jpg

Replies