Home Contests & Challenges Archives

TF2 - Polypack -GG_Underscore

Greeting - i am finally getting active and on line. This contest is just to cool and has drawn me out of hiding. Hopefully it will entice me to become an active member. Thank you to Spetch, Graph and Oobersli for getting me off my butt and encouraging me to post.

DISCLAIMER: Here are my UGLY concepts. i know they are ugly and i can do better. However when i am coming up with something from nothing i like them this way. It is like a stream of artistic consciousness. I churn them out short and quick with one hand surfing for reference and the other on my drawing pad scratching forms and shapes i like. Then i set them down for a day or two so when i come back to model them i go "what the heck was i thinking there?!" I then start filling in those details forcing me to be creatively again. it is like two boost of creativity for the price of one.

Character class: Engine

Code named: "Mix and Match" till i come up with a better name

The monkey wrench (melee weapon replacement) -
possible names: Monkitron, Robosappen, Sappenwrench, Monkey wrench
Idea: builds things 25% faster and delivers 25% more metal per swing. 50% less melee damage.
monkeywrench.jpg
thanks for all the input and encouragement. the mods must have been asleep since it was several hours after my temp new guy ban was lifted and i had given up checking for any comments. oh well. here is the "final" mesh. got the UVs done to. Dropped the LED eyes in favor of screws and angeled up the whole thing to give it a more tool machined tool look. After i am done texturing i plan on skewing everything a bit. Cant' wait to texture, but got to finish the other models first... i really like the cymbals monkey idea (thanks that is really awesome idea). However i went too much with the pipe wrench theme. still there is still time for another redesign. hmmmm
final_wrench_mesh.jpg

Replies