Home Contests & Challenges Archives

TF2 - Polypack - re.wind

What started out as a semi-joke idea of giving the soldier more viking-inspired equipment (ulr=http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1279043]linky to steam thread[/url], thanks to the timely news event of polycount hosting a community item competition with valve, helped twist the silly idea into a triplet of items that may or may not suit the needs of the soldier.

This is what i currently have, made *today*, although i have been doing basic viking, runic, berserk/er/gang, and odin research for a day or two.

ITEMS:
#1: Shotgun replacement

Viking Drinking horn: Beer-serker

Charge-up style item that triggers berserkergang after taking X damage. Increases speed, damage resistance and guarantees minicrits on melee hits. increased damage taken after effect and slower speed.

#2: Shovel replacement

Viking Bearded axe

High damage low swing speed viking axe that synergises with berserkergang.

Idea: Dual wielding bearded axes? :O

#3: Currently I'm undecided between the two options:

3a) Ginger/blond beard for the Misc item slot to get that full viking/berserker feel
3b) Wolfskin 'hat' for the hat item slot.

ARTWORK

Made today, after messing around with files, formats, and getting valve mdl files into 3dsmax, mainly to get a sense of scale and for better composure.
Wippity wip-wip. Going to have to re-learn how to use this here tablet to make proper textures...

Texture is a highly photoshopped (filters ftw) image from the internet. I do not claim that it is mine, etc., etc. It is a placeholder. texture, though, is 512^2.

Axe is currently at a lightweight 432 triangles. Plenty of room for improvement, then. Ideas?

soldier_axe_composite_01.jpg