Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skamberin polycounter lvl 13
    Hey Spec :D
    Get out :D
  • Mico27
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    They see me trolling, they be- ho wait, this isnt the steam forums.
  • Khthon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What the hell is going on? The contest is over Spec, just forget you were ever here.
  • Coolbot4k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Coolbot4k polycounter lvl 10
    Scudz, for what it's worth, I like your pack. You're one of the few, if only one, who developed a weapon for each loadout slot. But this wasn't the only feat you accomplished, you also created unique designs for each item, and made all of them fit into TF2's style! You followed the rules set by Polycount and Valve themselves. Great job, I applaud you!

As for this recent criticism, I don't get it. Apparently, your items don't fit within the "ninteen-sixties midwest" setting. It is suggested that if Valve picks these items, it would cause a problem with TF2 and that choosing such a pack to be against their own wills. He is stating that you, and everyone who has given you assistance/praise are pressuring Valve to put your pack in the game and "ruin" TF2's theme.

I'm pretty sure that this guy loves TF2's western like setting and would hate to see it "disgraced". However, if he's trusted this theme's creator, Valve, to create such a work of art, why would he not trust them with their new decisions in regards to it? Valve chose the to put things in the game such as the brainslug and jarate along with other things that contrast with its "nineteen-sixties midwest" setting. It's their art, they can choose to do whatever they want to it. Whether it's making the Engi's cowboy hat, or putting this Moby Dick pack in the game, it's up to them. Valve defines the setting of TF2, it's their game! Also, I'm sure everything that they choose to put in the game will work exactly how they intend it to, meaning it will benefit us players as nearly everything else they have implemented has!

In summary: I like your pack (Heck, I love every pack on the site!), so congrats on getting it sent in and finished. Also, this is all merely a contest entry for a videogame, anyone who has to switch to "exquisite vocabulary mode", put down others to seem superior, or argue over things no one truly ever thinks twice about is really missing the point.

However, most importantly, good luck in the contest!
  • Spectator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm sorry, guys.

Scudz, the models are great and I bet they'd be pretty fun in actual game-play. I was disappointed with the Bioshock 2 spear-gun model and some versions of yours seem rather splendid.

However, as Simski says, it's a bit far-fetched. If it came from the developers themselves, it'd be easier to swallow, accompanied by the elaborations of a tongue-in-cheek comic and a modest series of narrative artifacts. You might just be thinking too ingeniously for the charge.

As I said earlier, with some concentration and perhaps fewer eccentricities, I think you could compete to steal the show.

I understand that the suppression of those qualities are nigh impossible, nearly insufferable, but that seems to be the necessity for a broad commercial triumph.

Oh, well.

Meh.. internets.

Again, my apologies but please don't over-react to a bit of healthy argumentative scrutiny.

That's to say: if you want to 'fight', very well. I was decidedly civil and originally tempered, but if you wish to provoke wrath, I'll hope you're prepared to weather it. I don't think you are.

Anyway: good night. You still did well, but you don't need my affirmation.

Carry on, just be certain to never vainly be lulled by a self-satisfied complacency and welcome widely and warmly all criticism.

For 'Coolbot4k':

Besides 'nineteen-sixties', to whom are those quotes attributed? I wrote not 'ruin' nor 'disgrace'.

Also, it's not that they don't, as you say: 'fit', but that they're too audacious, too ostentatious. I've made this clear originally. That people still fail comprehensively to realise the thrust of my criticism causes my sighs to multiply suffocatingly.

In summary: I like your pack (Heck, I love every pack on the site!) [Well, we'll be sure to take thorough stock of your opinion, so discriminating as it is.] , so congrats on getting it sent in and finished. Also, this is all merely a contest entry for a videogame, anyone who has to switch to "exquisite vocabulary mode", [If this can be lampooned as such a grand language then your notions of what might constitute such humiliate yourself. Mine is base and low discourse, far from 'exquisite' and comparably separate from deserving the distinction of being studied for its 'vocabulary'. Further, that you partition these ideas as modes by moniker yet more deeply shames you.] put down others to seem superior, or argue over things no one truly ever thinks twice about is really missing the point.

However, most importantly, good luck in the contest!
    [You're formulaic to a fault.]
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spectator wrote: »
    I'm sorry, guys.

Scudz, the models are great and I bet they'd be pretty fun in actual game-play. I was disappointed with the Bioshock 2 spear-gun model and some versions of yours seem rather splendid.

However, as Simski says, it's a bit far-fetched. If it came from the developers themselves, it'd be easier to swallow, accompanied by the elaborations of a tongue-in-cheek comic and a modest series of narrative artifacts. You might just be thinking too ingeniously for the charge.

As I said earlier, with some concentration and perhaps fewer eccentricities, I think you could compete to steal the show.

I understand that the suppression of those qualities are nigh impossible, nearly insufferable, but that seems to be the necessity for a broad commercial triumph.

Oh, well.

Meh.. internets.

Again, my apologies but please don't over-react to a bit of healthy argumentative scrutiny.

That's to say: if you want to 'fight', very well. I was decidedly civil and originally tempered, but if you wish to provoke wrath, I'll hope you're prepared to weather it. I don't think you are.

Anyway: good night. You still did well, but you don't need my affirmation.

Carry on, just be certain to never vainly be lulled by a self-satisfied complacency and welcome widely and warmly all criticism.

For 'Coolbot4k':

Besides 'nineteen-sixties', to whom are those quotes attributed? I wrote not 'ruin' nor 'disgrace'.

Also, it's not that they don't, as you say: 'fit', but that they're too audacious, too ostentatious. I've made this clear originally. That people still fail comprehensively to realise the thrust of my criticism causes my sighs to multiply suffocatingly.

In summary: I like your pack (Heck, I love every pack on the site!) [Well, we'll be sure to take thorough stock of your opinion, so discriminating as it is.] , so congrats on getting it sent in and finished. Also, this is all merely a contest entry for a videogame, anyone who has to switch to "exquisite vocabulary mode", [If this can be lampooned as such a grand language then your notions of what might constitute such humiliate yourself. Mine is base and low discourse, far from 'exquisite' and comparably separate from deserving the distinction of being studied for its 'vocabulary'. Further, that you partition these ideas as modes by moniker yet more deeply shames you.] put down others to seem superior, or argue over things no one truly ever thinks twice about is really missing the point.

However, most importantly, good luck in the contest! [You're formulaic to a fault.]

Well that's just it though isn't it; if Valve had done it it would be great, but because it was just some guy it's pretentious and an affront to the standards of the game? (I haven't played Bioshock 2 so I don't know about their Speargunbut I'll take the compliment all the same.)

I could care less about "starting a fight" with you, but can you honestly read the beginning of your first post and say you were decidedly civil and originally tempered? Really?

Anyway enough's enough and you're right, I don't need your approval, and while criticism is more than welcome, it's a little more helpfull when the contest hasn't already been over for a week;)

-and just as an aside here, have alook at some of the other threads from the comp. about 90% have kill icons and fake achievments contributed to them (as well as a plethora of animations) by the same people that offered to do the ones here. they were simply fans of the game/contest who wanted to help in the way they were best at.
  • Coolbot4k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Coolbot4k polycounter lvl 10
    Hey Skudz, I haven't taken the time to read this entire thread, but, if you're not waiting upon the endlessly working Sparkwire for more animations, I think I'm gonna pull a good ol' Khthon here and ask for a video of the items in action. Third-Person/First-Person preferably. (Yeah, I'm watchin' you and your awesome video-asking-for powers :poly124:)
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I am actually :)
    though I'm very unsuccessfully trying to get them in myself (none of the compilers want to work for me :(

Soon as I've got something it'll be up.
  • Simski
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No I don't mean your a troll Simski, I was just refering to you having a strong and vocal oppinion about what you feel belongs in the game and what doesn't. Clearly there are camps on both sides of the issue and while I've rolled my eye's more than once at some of your replies to various entries (ie the engie using a revolver) you're absolutely entitled to your oppinion; which has always been pretty clear and concise ;)

Ultimately it entirely irrelevant anyway because it's Valve's decision what goes in and what doesn't.

I just judge the entry with 5 things in mind.
    1. Quality of the model.
    2. Quality of the texture.
    3. Fitting the TF2 theme and character's personality.
    4. Functionality.
    5. How "finished" it is. (In need of animations, textures, etc)

Your entry clashes with 3, as the weapon doesn't fit very well into the 50-60's and it doesn't work well with the Sniper's stereotype.

Oobersli's Revolver clashes with 4; as I can't imagine a Revolver working the same way as his handgun and Valve have stated that the weapons should remain the same functionality as the one they replace, and secondly because it trespasses onto Spy's territory.

Your right that it's Valve's decision, and so I try to take their guidelines into consideration as much as possible when I judge.
    People have been able to change my strong opinion though, such as with the Heavy Chef theme or Cheesy's Suburban Scout. If your items look splendid in game, perhaps it may become apparent to me how they fit the TF2 theme.
  • 1Fort 2Fort
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    O_o' whooooooa trolled dude? My sympathy man.

anyway, I drew you up a pic for helpin me. Hope ya like it.

Scudz_by_triforcebrawler.jpg
  • Khthon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice drawing, you should add a harpoon over his shoulder :O
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice one Fort, that's seriously cool.

Simski: see what you did there? that's called a good crit, and I thank you for it. (and I'm sorry I dragged you into this in the first place, it wasn't nothin personal;)

Now then, let's all stop
    beating-a-dead-horse.gif
  • Simski
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, let's stop fighting until after the contest finalists are announced :poly124:
  • 1Fort 2Fort
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    no prob. glad ya liked it ^_ ^
  • PooL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm really rooting for this one.
    Is there any way I can download the skins for the weapons even if they don't win?
  • Ruskeydoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I had some guy in my thread praying to God that my entry didn't win. I believe the current phrase is "Haters gonna Hate" ;)
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PooL wrote: »
    I'm really rooting for this one.
    Is there any way I can download the skins for the weapons even if they don't win?

I'll definatley try to put em up for download after the winners are announced, and they might even show up somewhere else soon too ;) but I still have to get around to actually putting them in the game. GUIstudio just likes to laugh at me.
    Ruskeydoo wrote: »
    I had some guy in my thread praying to God that my entry didn't win. I believe the current phrase is "Haters gonna Hate" ;)

some people's kids man.
  • Khthon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That would probably be Simski, he likes the phrase "praying to god" it seems. :)
  • Simski
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Khthon wrote: »
    That would probably be Simski, he likes the phrase "praying to god" it seems. :)

Yeah I think that was me in his thread...
    However I think I also rephrased that post because I realized shortly after how awfully rude it sounded.
  • Ruskeydoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Water under the bridge. Was just trying to make Skuds feel better :)
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oh I feel grrrrrrrrreat!
  • KGBeast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Scudz can you release this to the public please, I love this skin and really want to use it.