Home General Discussion

Polycount Gamertag/PSN Exchange

CJE
polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
CJE polycounter lvl 13
I'm not sure why we don't have one of these already, but we should have a listing of everyone's gamertags/PSN's so the community here and play together.

I'll start it off.

Xbox Live: MaliceX

Games I'm playing now:

Red Dead Redemption

Replies

• Yozora
    Offline / Send Message
    Yozora polycounter lvl 11
    We do, its here; http://boards.polycount.net/showthread.php?t=34190

for gamertags anyway, no PSN thread. Which is weird, considering we even got a DS code thread. Guess not many polycounters play online on PS3 ;o

Its not up to date with the latest games people are playing right now though, but then again, no thread ever will be unless people keep replying to it each time they get a new game (because no one is gonna bother going through 10-20 pages of posts just to look for people editing their posts).

Need a better system for handling something like this, like some kinda database where someone can search a game and retrieve a list of polycounters playing that game online. But this requires that everyone who plays online keeps it up to date with their latest games... Or well I guess you could just make a huge tag list and add every single person on your list, that way when you log on the console you can see whos playing what.

So what we need to do is edit the topic with a huge list of everyones gamertags/psn and just add everyone :o

Actually the weirder thing is the lack of steam username exchanges! Most polycounters play games on pc.
  • CJE
    Offline / Send Message
    CJE polycounter lvl 13
    Skulburn wrote: »
    It'd be cool to have a form on peoples profiles which can show their gamertag, psn id, ds code, steam name, etc.

Gotta love sarcasm, lol :thumbup:
  • Yozora
    Offline / Send Message
    Yozora polycounter lvl 11
    there should be a optional choice to display whether you want to see people's gamertags/psns etc in the username box to the left (just like its optional to display avatars and sigs).

There should also be a customizeable "now playing" box that says what game you're currently playing, to tell people you'd like to play with them without actually asking. Obviously this "now playing:" message should also be optionally visible.

Ideally this "now playing" box should be editable right here, on the forum thread view so posters can click on they're own box to change the game they're playing without going through the settings page.

Alternatively, anyone who is looking for someone to play something with can put a message in their sig and hope that someone else who plays that game stumbles upon one of your posts in a non related thread.

OR another alternative, reply to the thread that is specifically made for the certain game you're playing (there's bound to be one, and if there isn't, then make one)
  • bounchfx
    most games that people are playing usually get their own thread, and within the tread people repost their tags.

see: Red Dead Redemption, SSF4, etc.