Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] Tamarin, Andrew Amundrud

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Tamarin polycounter lvl 17
Hello fellow polycounters, I have just updated my website and I am looking for some harsh criticism. Let me know what you think.

Replies

• cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    The content could use some organization. The bulk of your work is four pages of scrolling down. This is due to over twenty pieces, some of which have their own section instead of being placed with similar works. Anyway, narrow it down, put it all together, and it'll look really nice.

Also, when doing those turn-around videos, it looks nicely to animate a smooth rotation instead of simply panning and zooming around.
  • PredatorGSR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PredatorGSR polycounter lvl 14
    I was going to make some critiques about how the portfolio wasn't job friendly, but are you actually trying to get a job, or is this more just to showcase personal work that you do for fun?
  • Tamarin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tamarin polycounter lvl 17
    I'm going to apply for some jobs this summer and I want something half-decent to show my work. I've never spent much time marketing myself - so this is a start. Any game companies working with Blender and Gimp?

I'll try to organize things a bit better - maybe get it down to 3 scrolling pages:) I could axe all that that older high poly stuff at the bottom.

Thanks for the crits.
  • gsokol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    First tip to marketing yourself...only show your best work. There is a lot of simple objects in here that just aren't worth showing off, the entire "old" section at the bottom can go, and your beautiful girl sketches can go. Consider making your thumbnails bigger, so more detail can be seen before we have to click on the link. I almost overlooked half of your work because I (like most employers looking at your website) don't feel like sifting through all your work...you have to make that thumbnail lure me in :)

Game companies working with Blender and Gimp? Extremely unlikely.....but don't let that be a deterrent......Max/Maya/Photoshop are just tools. If you can model/texture in one software package you can do it in all of them (with some adjustment time of course)....its all the same.