Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Props for unity game.

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Stromberg90 polycounter lvl 11
Hy there :)

Me and some friends are doing a unity game for our last school assignment.

We only got a few weeks left thats why they wanted me at the group since they are in abit trouble, with lacking props and texturings of props and levels, so thats my job.
I will post here what i make for this game, i have done a room texture, not going to show that yet, but you will be able to see it in game when it's done.

The first model i have started working in is sort of a control panel, i know it has many duplicated parts and may lack uniqueness, but with so short time i just have to get things done.

Please tell me what you think, and come with some suggestions to what i can add, i cant promise that i will add everything cause the lack of time, but i will try my best.

ControllPanelrander.jpg

Link to game: http://www.nettkringkasting.no/~3ddesign/semesteroppgave2010/3ddesign/spillgruppe/Octagon6%20Windows.rar

Replies

• BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    My suggestion is to simply google tech type stuff and get some references. That's the fastest way. The other thing you can do, is think of games you like that has the sort of detail you want, and go to IGN.com and look at images of the game, or better yet, play the game yourself. lastly, you could look up some people's work on polycount and see what sort of stuff they have done.

2 weeks and you have props and stuff to make? sounds like an impossible task. 1 nice high quliaty prop can take 2 weeks alone. :/
  • Stromberg90
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82: I have defently been around searching on google, and looking at other peoples work, just to say i am not a noob, i have done 3D for some years now.
    But never been on many games forums exept the crymod forum.

And i know 2 weeks realy not enough time, but time cant be stopped unfortantly, thats why a have to make a props at a ok level and then move on.

Thanks for taking the time to answer :)
  • Snader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snader polycounter lvl 15
    I think you're overcomplicating things.
    Gauges0107_1_thumblarge.jpgButtons0051_thumblarge.jpgButtons0129_1_thumblarge.jpgButtons0127_thumblarge.jpgElectronics0052_1_thumblarge.jpg

Control panels are usually made to be as simple and understandable as possible.

Here's a quick idea based on your global shapes, might be a bit -too- simple though:
    controlpanel.jpg
    Bonus: you would only have to make a couple of buttons which you copy/paste and save time.
  • Stromberg90
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snader: Thanks i might just make it simpler, cause i dont want it to look to complicated to use.
    Bonus answer: I am defently copy/pasting ;)
  • Stromberg90
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is the link the the "finnished" game, we are going todo lightmaps and bug fixing the next 2 - 3 days.

Link: http://www.nettkringkasting.no/~3ddesign/semesteroppgave2010/3ddesign/spillgruppe/Octagon6%20Windows.rar

Here is what i did for the game, plus texturing some of the rooms and helping with texturing the enemy's.

WeaponLocker.jpg
    Sode_ManchineHighpoly.jpg
    Sode_Manchine.jpg
    ShootingRangeView1.jpg
    LockerHighpoly.jpg
    ControllPanelHighpoly.jpg
    ControllPanel.jpg