Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

FIRST POST! weapon assets 'n stuff

Here are some old weapon models I have done.
Rpg-7_Render.jpg
m41aRender.jpg

Expect some newer and higher quality stuff up here soon (meaning don't crit the old stuff.)
I use Blender 3d and hope to become better known here at polycount. :poly121:

Replies

• Av7xrocker97
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow, epic bump. Here's some newer stuff I've done lately for practice:
    Uzi-pistol.pngshadingpass.jpgRifle.png
    Later I plan to do some texturing practice and work on making concept art. As I said I am currently using Blender and hope to get some more crits from this post.
  • n88tr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    textures are muddy and unclear.

micro uzi [looks like one] needs harder edges and has inaccuracies here and there.

last gun I wouldn't post, it's way too inaccurate. too wide, bad rails, overall no detail

decent nub work but overall needs time to be spent on modeling and texturing. Moar time!
  • Av7xrocker97
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the crits. I know the last one is very undetailed, but it's made off of a concept, not a real gun. The concept itself lacked in some details so I'll have to throw some in myself.
  • Cap Hotkill
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cap Hotkill polycounter lvl 13
    The Micro Uzi looks good to me, Tight up a lil bit more the Borders to make it sharper, and finish it into a low poly model ;)
  • n88tr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the sword is probably your best piece there. Clouds FF sword I assume?

If the textures were better the Aliens rifle or the RPG would be killer.
  • Bishop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I agree with the aboves. You might also wanna work on that bottom gun (what is that? An AUG?) Seems very blocky and the form isn't to appealing, espeacially near the handle for me.
  • PeterK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PeterK greentooth
    Hi Av7,

Glad you posted your weapons. While the modeling looks decent, I'd like you to consider the textures. Here is an example of some really nice texture work for weapons that you can draw on, You need to rework a lot of the textures to make them look like the actual material you want to represent.

"Don't make a model of the thing, make the thing".
  • Av7xrocker97
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow, thanks for the support guys. I think I'm going to make a new model very soon to accurately represent my current skills, as a lot of these models are 1 to 2 months old. What kind of item should I make?
    And Bishop, the gun is not an aug. It's the second rifle on the top row of this concept sheet.