Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] TrevorJ

TrevorJ
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
TrevorJ polycounter lvl 9
Hi everybody, so here's my portfolio site as of now, still uploading some pics but the core of it is there. Let me know what you think.
thanks a ton.
http://tvorjohnson.com/

Replies

• Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nizza_waaarg polycounter lvl 15
    some cool work on there man. Few things that came to mind tho:

not sure how useful the demo reel is, could open on the portfolio page and it'd be easier to get into your work.

Secondly, i'd be temepted to throw the unreal level and the bike up the top of the page as they're alot more eye catching (to me anyways :P).
    Root monster's details around the head look really cool but the rest of the body is kinda confusing and not as appealing i think (and unfinished... some textures or game rez mesh would be nice).
    And then chuck the first head sculpt down the page a bit too, best foot forward and all that (finished stuff might sell your work more).

Maybe ditch the personal interests section too if you're looking for just a folio. It's interesting but maybe not as much to a potential employer or somthing (can't say for sure tho :P).
  • Lonewolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lonewolf polycounter lvl 18
    nice, i really like that desert bike..
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    desert bike seems to be the most complete piece there, just get more stuff completed and your good, the mad max enviro has potential, you might want to fix the smoothing on those crates and the lighting issues, you using udk?
  • torontoanimator
    LOVE the bike dude, its pretty unique and interesting, also the root monster, i like the idea, but i gotta say, the crystals kinda detract from the overall appeal to me, especially since theyre such a bright red, great work tho!
  • roosterMAP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    roosterMAP polycounter lvl 12
    nice. the bike is great. but wish you had a better (more dramatic) pic of it wth its texture.