Home Technical Talk

ZBrush subdivision

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Krisbam polycounter lvl 7
Hello there! I've been working on a ZBrush sculpt, my first serious attempt at sculpting anything, and I just encountered a problem. I've saved several versions of my model as I've been working on it, but somewhere on the way I managed to subdivide certain areas (I really have no idea how, I haven't been using masks and the areas are really small. Typically a polygon or two on the base low-poly model). Now, I would just go back to one of the older versions, but I've done a lot of work on the model since I somehow subdivided and surely there's some sort of feature that can fix this? I've also ended up with triangles some places (how exactly this happened, I have no idea. There are small areas surrounded by tiny tiny triangles). Will update my post in a bit with pictures!

Replies

• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    You should be able to open your "older" sculpts (the ones without the issues) and subdivide them up to the same level of detail overall, then bring in your "final" sculpt, and use Reproject All to capture the detail from the final one, onto the correct geometry from the older one.