Home General Discussion

I wanna find a job in Canada..but

polycounter lvl 16
Offline / Send Message
papagersi polycounter lvl 16
Hi guys.

I need help you guys how to enter to game company to foreigner.

When I was in Korea, I had worked in online game development company for about 4 years.
and I quit the company last the end of the year , I decided that I will study english in Canada.
(because I wanna work in foregn contries in the future.)

so I got a student permin now. I'm studying English in ESL,Canada
I came in Canada 4 months ago.

I wanna fine my work in here, after I finish the ESL course.
but I'm not sure how to do in the future.

It is my facebook address.
Also,You can see my porfolio.

http://blog.naver.com/papagersi

Replies

• papagersi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The..title some spelling wrorg
    "I wanna find a job in Canada"
  • A-Train
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A-Train polycounter lvl 15
    Instead of posting your facebook. Post a link to your portfolio. In my strong opinion, no one wants to see your facebook profile, as getting to know you will be mostly in your interview with a studio. Prospective employers are instead highly interested in viewing your work and your CV.
  • papagersi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    so I'll try find instead of Facebook thanks :)

just I wonder that how routes do I go..
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    A-Train wrote: »
    Instead of posting your facebook. Post a link to your portfolio. In my strong opinion, no one wants to see your facebook profile, as getting to know you will be mostly in your interview with a studio. Prospective employers are instead highly interested in viewing your work and your CV.

This.

Also, it has nothing to do with your english skills but english is essential in NA business and its ethics so must learn and review your stuff thoroughly before posting around. Show coolness in your attitude and the portfolio is a must like A-Train stated.

These three things will get you started. Also you should look in to the experienced game interviews you can find on the net.

for guide on portfolios. Check out the sketch book section of this website. It has the great props and 3d models and 2d sketches.

My Honest Opinion.

Good luck
  • Rens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    There are a few things to figure out though.

Like for the states, if you are a foreigner on a work permit, but get fired, you cannot just switch companies. If you find another company thats willing to hire, they need to request a NEW work permit for you, and in the mean time you are probably forced to leave.

So figure out if you can go from a study visa to work permit, or that you have to follow a set of rules. Canada should be easier in this then the states,
  • papagersi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I will gradually prepare to find my job.

Thank you for your advice :)