Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] – Will Wurth, 3D Artist

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
HandSandwich polycounter lvl 18
Hey guys. Finally got around to getting a site together again. It's been up for a little while but I haven't got any feedback on it. Threw up most of what I've been working on lately and what I can show (Damn you NDA). Check it out and lemme know what you think. Thanks

BannerLink.jpg

Replies

• Saman
    Offline / Send Message
    Saman polycounter lvl 13
    Your work looks nice but I have a few points regarding your tread runner; The modelling on everything except for the bags/blankets in the back is good. The base shape of the blankets look very basic and I wouldn't have done it that way. I would have modelled it more thoroughly so you can tell it's a wrapped up blanket in max/maya and then export the mesh to zbrush/mudbox for the extra clothing details. The way you've done it could work too, of course, but it seems like you've hardly put any effort into them as opposed to the rest of the tread runner. Some of the ropes from the concept art are missing too. I'm not too crazy about the material you've used on them either, it looks like porcelain. Come to think of it the rest of your tread runner could use a more metallic shader as well.
    The rest of your stuff looks cool(I liked the calavera) but you should add wireframes of them too. And if it's game graphics you could add some info about their poly counts and texture size.
    Good luck!
  • Autocon
    Offline / Send Message
    Autocon polycounter lvl 15
    Why do you have a passworded section for profession art? Wouldnt you want people to see this? If the work is under NDA then you cant show it even if its is requested.

You should work on getting some things textured put up in your gallary. Sure HP stuff is cool to show up but without low's and textures everything looks unfinished. Also for your one finished character would be nice to see flats, wires and counts.
  • BC3D
    Offline / Send Message
    BC3D polycounter lvl 10
    Awesome to see your site up. Link me up with that password please! Tread runner looks so clean...