Home General Discussion

Looking for opinions!

Replies

• Yozora
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yozora polycounter lvl 11
    Ok well after that reply, it's clear he's just stupid.

Its amazing how he concluded that you both should take the images down to be "fair". I now think his intentions are misguided and will not bother trying to justify his actions :p

Now it raises more questions about the rest of his portfolio... what a stupid move, especially after seeing this thread.
  • glynnsmith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glynnsmith polycounter lvl 17
    ... or does he? :poly141:
    Haha. Reading the end of the last page, and clicking to open the new, these were my thoughts exactly.
  • javi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    javi polycounter lvl 16
    soo... when would it be okay to post his name and stuff?
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    (images of engine decks and cowlings) *

*Objects depicted in all three images were made by me with exception of engine deck/cowlings created by other members of the graphics team.

AHAHAHA!!!! Shit, that is awesome. Oh man! I'm crying! Oh shit! I knew there was something wrong with him, but that is just beyond...i dunno. Fuck!
    Cyrael wrote: »
    I just find it strange that he's clearly seen this thread and chose not to respond...

maybe he hasn't. someone point it out to him. i'm dying to read the response.
  • Spatz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spatz polycounter lvl 13
    man, whats wrong with him... the pics are still up!...i can't believe that...

...are you totally crazy to tell ivaj to be fair and take them down too...

ok ********** i would recommend you bring these pictures into photoshop and grey out all the work that is not from you or get rid of them at all...
  • Cyrael
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cyrael polycounter lvl 10
    ElysiumGX wrote: »
    maybe he hasn't. someone point it out to him. i'm dying to read the response.

you're right he might not have seen this thread - the main reason I posted that is because he posted something yesterday after this thread had already been created... so I was under the assumption he saw and opted not to respond and be flamed.
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    I'd suggest you should take action immediately, though giving 24 hours maybe giving him too much time to even think about ripping you off. Its your work, and its your decision. Discussing with him will make things more worst and he would come out with a plan to counter-act on your action(s).

Heh!! Reason why I havent posted my stuff here on from start.
  • PolyHertz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
    edit: whoops, wrong thread...
  • javi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    javi polycounter lvl 16
    just looked at his new page, and it seems that he has uploaded new images, but kept mine there. classy.
  • pliang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    Just saw the thread today and I will now get involved and start answering the lot of questions.
  • Progg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Progg polycounter lvl 11
    What questions are there to answer?
  • danshewan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danshewan polycounter lvl 8
    I've gotta say, this seems pretty disappointing. I'm not sure what you're expecting to say to placate the masses Peter, but the damage seems to have been done.
  • crazyfool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfool polycounter lvl 13
    You must be busy typing because you got alot to answer for!!!
  • Del
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Del polycounter lvl 9
    pliang wrote: »
    Just saw the thread today and I will now get involved and start answering the lot of questions.

michael%20jackson%20gif.gif
  • Cojax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cojax polycounter lvl 10
  • konstruct
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    konstruct polycounter lvl 18
  • 00Zero
  • Autocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Autocon polycounter lvl 15
  • crazyfool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfool polycounter lvl 13
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    tumblr_kzaserc3831qbrus1o1_500.gif

oh shit i did it wrong.
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pliang, if there was even still a whiff of doubt in any of this that there might be more to this story than the OP is letting on, we'd be looking for you to answer questions. So far though, everything you've said confirms his story, so there's not a whole lot of meaningful questions remaining for you to answer.

Unless you've got something to say that drastically changes how this looks, you should take down those images.
  • glynnsmith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glynnsmith polycounter lvl 17
    Oh lol. There are more images, now.

Ivaj, get in touch with his hosting, his ISP, his employer and whoever else, and get him the fuck blacklisted.

Obviously this witchhunt isn't having any effect. Him commenting here, as well as the addition of the new images, makes his intentions clear.

Time to do more than write on PC and Facebook, dude!
  • Japhir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Japhir polycounter lvl 16
    daamn those gifs made me lol. especially:
    Popcorn_nommer.gif
    Popcorn_nommer.gifPopcorn_nommer.gifPopcorn_nommer.gifPopcorn_nommer.gifPopcorn_nommer.gif
    can't be posted enough IMO ;).
  • Avanthera
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Avanthera polycounter lvl 10
    Well, at least Pliang probably has record amount of portfolio page visits.
    Agreed with Mightypea, all of this is kind of sketchy.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Best Thread EVER!!!
    colbertpopcorn.gif
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    Buelller... Bueller ...
  • Cyrael
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cyrael polycounter lvl 10
    shrew81 wrote: »
    Well, at least Pliang probably has record amount of portfolio page visits.
    Agreed with Mightypea, all of this is kind of sketchy.

hahah

this. I know I googled him like 3 times since this thread started.
  • pliang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    MightyPea wrote: »
    Pliang, if there was even still a whiff of doubt in any of this that there might be more to this story than the OP is letting on, we'd be looking for you to answer questions. So far though, everything you've said confirms his story, so there's not a whole lot of meaningful questions remaining for you to answer.

Unless you've got something to say that drastically changes how this looks, you should take down those images.

Mightypea:

When Ivaj said he worked on the images, I don't remember seeing him doing all the parts including the entire shell and deck as shown in the images. I recall seeing components, as for the rest worked on further, I didn't get to see them completed to the point where it was rendered and disagreed if it was appropriate . I would've understood better if I spoke directly and not take up time sending messages and lose a connection over this. I've been rash and made unnecessary mistakes.

Bottom line, I will do what is appropriate and take the images down.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    Dude, you have literally dozens of great examples of your work in your portfolio already. Did you really think that three extra renders of untextured helicopter parts were going to be the difference in whether or not you get a job? I don't get why you'd risk your reputation over that.
  • javi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    javi polycounter lvl 16
    peter, I'm glad you took down those images. I actually remember you coming to me when I was making this, and asking me what I was doing. But fine, that can be he said/she said/etc.

Either way I will keep my facebook post up, since I do want people to know about it. Cheers.
  • MattQ86
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MattQ86 polycounter lvl 15
    Sounds like a case of Cryptomnesia to me, the act of your brain subconsciously telling you that you created something when in fact you didn't.

However, your explanation that you don't remember Ivaj "doing all the parts including the entire shell and deck" directly conflicts with the very apparent reality that Ivaj has the renders with all those parts finished on his site, the exact same renders that you cropped. If he left the company after that project, but before you made these changes, how would he have access to the final render?

gsnaruhodopaperani8xn.gif
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mightypea:

I don't remember seeing him doing all the parts including the entire shell and deck as shown in the images.

The real question is...was anything in those three rendered images create by you? Ivaj only intended to show the pieces of the model he worked on. Which is obviously not your intent. It begs the question, what else on your portfolio is the result of someone else's work? You directly ripped off the images he rendered. I think you have a warped definition of ownership.

It's also very sketchy how you have such amazing high poly work on your portfolio, beside simple images of katamari characters, and that poorly designed generic black guy model you did last month. No consistency what-so-ever.
  • Progg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Progg polycounter lvl 11
    ElysiumGX wrote: »
    The real question is...was anything in those three rendered images create by you? Ivaj only intended to show the pieces of the model he worked on. Which is obviously not your intent. It begs the question, what else on your portfolio is the result of someone else's work? You directly ripped off the images he rendered. I think you have a warped definition of ownership.

It's also very sketchy how you have such amazing high poly work on your portfolio, beside simple images of katamari characters, and that poorly designed generic black guy model you did last month. No consistency what-so-ever.

I don't really want to get involved, but someone should check around to make sure there isn't anyone else getting stuff taken.
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    The method of chalking this up for a simple case of innocent ignorance confuses me.

Just because you claim that you cant confirm the legitimacy of ownership in Ivaj's images doesn't mean you can assume that you can claim some or all of the credit by default. I just fail to see the connection in the logic.

I kind of see it as a case of an asset that may or may not have been touched by multiple artists. The ownership of the final asset may be mixed and shared. This kind of thing is perfectly normal in a production environment.

Ivaj was very careful to highlight only the pieces of art that he knows he has created completely by himself. It was smart to make separated renders so he wouldnt have to share any credits with anyone else, or confuse/offend anybody.

You on the other hand exploit the case of a "shared credit" of an asset and assume you can claim "ownership" of his renders first, and provide murky details about the factual ownership second.

You have to be very very careful about claiming ownership of assets that have shared credits. If you cant provide specific examples of sections/passes of your contribution to an asset, I would be safe than sorry and not post the work in the portfolio at all. It does suck, but it can definitely can go badly like it did in this situation.

Nobody got murdered, kittens of the world are safe. I would just use some discretion in the future so the legitimacy of your character and your portfolio can never be put into question :)

I hope you guys have worked this one out.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    stupid reasonable fuse. YOU BORE ME!
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    Oh my bad ..... back to the witch hunt !!!
  • Del
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Del polycounter lvl 9
    ~ I hope for his sake that everything else is legit.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Dreamer wrote: »
    michael%20jackson%20gif.gif

Win post Dreamer. Fucking win post.
    Fuse wrote: »
    kittens of the world are safe.

Thank god.
  • leslievdb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leslievdb polycounter lvl 15

now you ruined it :( , because of the awesome censoring job nobody knew it was you... :poly142: