Home General Discussion

There is no secret level

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
claydough polycounter lvl 10
I always thought the Secret Level guys were pretty cool.
I liked when they would share tools,, and techniques as well.
( which I don't believe was as common back in the day as it is now )

Secretly I always wished i'd be a cool secret level guy some day.
I'm sorry u guys are getting sacked :poly141:

especially right after u guys shared this yesterday.
Iron Man 2 looks great!
Awsome job! and good luck.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/27940/Sega_Confirms_Closure_Of_Internal_Iron_Man_Golden_Axe_Dev.php
Earlier in its life, Secret Level focused on porting and tools for other developers. After being acquired by Sega, the company released internally-developed games in 2008: the movie adaptation Iron Man and Golden Axe: Beast Rider, an update of the arcade classic.

Replies

• Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sad news for sure. I hope they all land on their feet.
    An official statement released today reads, "Sega of America is sad to announce the closure of Sega Studios San Francisco."

"It is an immensely talented studio and we wish all the best to all of the staff in all their future endeavors," the statement continues. "Moving forward, Sega will continue to pursue external development opportunities all over the world and will continue to grow the renowned Sega brand."
    I can't say it's surprising. Especially given the heavy restructuring they did. When you give the steering wheel to someone else and climb in the back seat, you can't bitch about being driven off a cliff. Even if they saved you from going over a cliff in the first place.

Michael: Hey we're getting close to shipping, who has their resume ready?
    Kyle: hahaha...
    Michael: No seriously I'm going back to accounting what are you guys doing?
    Beejay: I've been taking classes to be a Helicopter Mechanic.
    Dean: Ghost Hunter.
    Michael: What about you Maurice?
    Maurice: Space Cowboy.
    Michael:OOoo good one.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Sad to hear.

I am pleased that there are remarkably fewer and fewer of these postings as the year progresses, though.
  • Cyrael
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cyrael polycounter lvl 10
    wow. that game looks really really good and a lot of fun. really sad to hear.