Also, first post. Hey :)

Here's some of my first sketches:
behemoth.jpg

Replies

• ralusek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ralusek polycounter lvl 10
    those pauldrons look like a mix between warrior t4 and warrior t6 shoulders. cool though

warrior_tier4.jpg
    24365.jpg
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    I was thining the same thing, ralusek.

This is coming along really well. There is definitely a strong World of Warcraft influence in ther, which isn't bad at all as I'm generally a fan of big bold shapes.
    Looking forward to seeing where you take this
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    But is he big and bold enough? A fella who's name is analogous for bigness needs to be pretty damn big.

Could be interesting to work some elements of the Jewish mythological creature in there.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behemoth
  • Rilem
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rilem polycounter lvl 7
    Thanks for the feedback guys, I feel my recent work is suffering from the WoW disease. It's something I do unintentionally so I might redo the shoulders if i have the time.

@Jackablade:
    I think you're right about that, he needs to be big and bulky. I started out with a monster-like design because that was what 'the behemoth' was for me. Since it's going to be a gladiator I want to keep somekind of human likeness in there.
    I think I'll go for something like this:
    Doom%203.jpg
    But with muuurciless gladiator armor. :)
  • Rilem
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rilem polycounter lvl 7
    Update!

I've been a bit busy with work and I don't know if I can get this done before april 7th to be honest. :P Even if I don't I'll just continue working on this though. :]

Sooo, i made a few adjustments to the design. I also made a basemesh in maya.

concept.jpg

I did a quick paintover to show what I'll be going for, I might give him a helmet or something but at least I'm happy with the idea of him having 2 huge axes clicked on the back of his armor.
    Next I'll be modeling some armor pieces/axes in maya before I start sculpting. :)
  • cw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cw polycounter lvl 17
    nice top-heavy look, I'm keen to see the next stage! :)