Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Chamber scene

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Target_Renegade polycounter lvl 11
Started on a new scene to break away from another larger, more complex scene. Its either going to be a space environment, underwater or general industrial type. Will try and finish it quickly. Crits very welcome.

12.jpg

Replies

• Target_Renegade
    Offline / Send Message
    Put in a ground texture, need to redo the supporting girders and sort some shaders before I proceed any further.

21.jpg
  • A.Kincade
    Offline / Send Message
    A.Kincade polycounter lvl 9
    Not bad start. Yeah those girders need some work but I like the progress on the floor. Keep up the good work.
  • Cody
    Offline / Send Message
    Cody polycounter lvl 15
    Looking good. The bolt placement on the i beams don't make much sense to me, but keep going! Really diggin' the wall texture.
  • tlovemark
    I think you should consider adding in some props to help break up the symmetrical composition you've got right now. With the camera in dead center looking down a hallway, you're getting a "vortex" effect going on. I'd just angle the camera a bit and maybe get some props to break up the floor, making the path through the hallway less of a straight line. Other than that I think it's looking pretty good, textures seem nice and are consistent with one another.
  • A.Kincade
    Offline / Send Message
    A.Kincade polycounter lvl 9
    tlovemark wrote: »
    I think you should consider adding in some props to help break up the symmetrical composition you've got right now. With the camera in dead center looking down a hallway, you're getting a "vortex" effect going on. I'd just angle the camera a bit and maybe get some props to break up the floor, making the path through the hallway less of a straight line. Other than that I think it's looking pretty good, textures seem nice and are consistent with one another.

For sure. Maybe add a perpendicular hallway or door on the side wall or something to break it up a bit.
  • Target_Renegade
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the input, i've removed the bolts from the beams and adjusted the lighting slightly. Congrats on the new gig Cody. I was thinking either making it a underwater chamber, or space environment, so expect some scuba gear or something else as props. The idea comes from a quick sketch i did but nothing original really. Maybe i'll add some piping in the inlets on the sides, or some other objects that break the scene up a little. Ideas aren't concrete yet, so any more suggestions are appreciated.

31.jpg