Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[portfolio] Elliot Buroff- Environmental Artist

Hi there everyone.

i've been lurking around poly count for some time just never really posted a lot. As i am now getting close to graduation (4 months or so) i decided it was about time i got off my butt and actually finished my website which i've been sorely neglecting.

Anyway with that being said i'm looking at applying for an environmental artist/prop artist either as an internship or actual job. Im really not picky at the moment especially with how things are now i just would like to break in anyway i can, and as long as i'm doing what i love i'm game, pardon the pun lol

On my website currently i have some older high poly models that ive done as well as a few scene renders.

currently im working on a UDK level however i don't really have enough progress on that or any worthy screenshots to put up on my website. however, when i do get some assets done in the next few weeks i plan on updating that section on my website as well

so any and all C&C that would help me out would be greatly appreciated.

www.elcgart.com

Replies

• Progg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Progg polycounter lvl 11
    If you plan on becoming an environment artist, one thing I would suggest is to work on your texturing. That and crank out more work. The layout is fine on the site, but you misspelled "coming" on your front page. I would say try and get one or two really well defined, fully textured assets or environments finished. As it stands it seems like most of the work is work in progress, not finished. Best of luck! and keep making art!
  • alexk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    alexk polycounter lvl 12
    Grats on your schooling. The portfolio is kinda lacking atm. Looking forward to the UDK scene. I think if you need some quick game art, you can convert some of your high poly stuff to game ready assets. Like the table and chandalier shouldn't be too hard to do a low poly, texture and import into UDK. Or at least put some your most finished props from your WIP UDK scene up for show. Other than that, just keep working and looking forward to seeing some art soon :)
  • Eltrex06
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Progg- wow thanks for catching that, i feel kinda silly. good advice on the texturing, got some eat3d videos i plan on sitting down and finishing this week.

alexk- hopefully should have some work to show in the next week or so. Have several high poly pieces done, just need to make some lows and texture them. so expect a WIP thread soon :)