Home General Discussion

Display/Search for images faster?

So I've been looking around a little for a program for PC that would allow u to arrange images by color or something, and possibly tag images in groups and arrange that way as well.

Or if not arrange by those, possibly something like those mass image search apps on the web that let u see a ton of pics. at once with ease/speed.

I guess I'm just trying to find something, or think of a better way of navigating/organizing my 5,000 + collection of art/ref images.

If I knew how to program really well, I'd possibly make something myself to do this... :(

Replies

• pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Hi there, went through the same question recently.
    I looked into apps claiming they help at organizing your pictures in albums (regardless of the HD location) ; also tried image viewers with tag/flag/metadata support.

However at the end of the day it was all far from satisfactory ... so I just ended up making a handful of autohotkey scripts letting me add some extra text at the end of a filename. _concept, _character, _vehicule and so on. Assigned to win-numpad numbers (10 keys = 10 categories, plus some extras thanks to "." and so on...)

You end up with files that are very easy to search through in any environment, and not relying on a third party format/album library.

Hope this helps!!!
  • mLichy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hmm.... that's a good idea :D. If no one else has that miracle app, this might work just fine :)
  • mLichy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Actually I think Picasa 3 will work just fine :D

Edit: This program is crazy! It has one click tagging, super fast searching via tag or filename or w/e, and it even automatically recognizes faces and groups them, even if they are real or 3D/Painted. Plus alot more shit... D: