Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Abduction - UDK scene

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
sebas polycounter lvl 14
I created this scene in UDK using some of my recent work but, maybe it sucks... any feedback?

Abduction_SD.jpg

Replies

• roosterMAP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    roosterMAP polycounter lvl 12
  • Sirdelita
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sirdelita polycounter lvl 10
    I wouldn't go so far as to say it sucks! But the main guys pose is a little stiff, I would want more emotion and character to feel what you're trying to portray. He is like a manikin. Your foliage probably needs a little work, and I would say that ground plane texture could be a higher resolution, as it's very blurry. Keep it up!
  • Unleashed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Unleashed polycounter lvl 19
    its wierd that hes standing in a marshy looking environment that happens to have a pedestal that also happens to be walled off. he has an unnatural rim light, and stiff pose as mentioned earlier.

that said a little tweaking and you could get it looking much spiffier! imo id remove the pedestal, pose the guy, remove the walls(or do something so they dont look so forced? maybe have bits of a broken wall here and there?) and add more grassy bits and a background, looks a little like dusk

keep at it!
  • Kewop Decam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kewop Decam polycounter lvl 9
    needs more probing!

To add to what Unleashed said, my issues with the scene are:

* blades of grass are really big and messing up the scaling

* poses are stiff and odd

* mix up the poses for the probing robot dudes

* Main ground texture's pixel density is far off from the rest of the textures (it's blurry compared to the other textures)

* Rim lighting on guy is very heavy and is pretty much coming from nowhere. Doesn't make much sense. No one else has the rim lighting either which is weird.

These are all things that can definitely be addressed without making your head explode. Keep it up!
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    same thing as the others have said, but all your models in the scene have the exact same pose. It's the I have a stick up my ass pose. :D And your main character is looking over the folks he's getting abducted by..