Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Body Modelling - Wrestler

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
TortillaChips polycounter lvl 10
Hi there. I'm currently working on this model of a professional wrestler for my current assignment (A few of you left feedback for me on the zombie face which was a previous assignment - thanks for that by the way). I would be grateful if I could get some feedback on this model as I work on it; it's a fairly plain headless base mesh at the moment.

Here's some images, Subdiv'd + Wires:
basemeshwirefb.jpg
basemeshsmooth.jpg
basemeshsmooth2.jpg

As you can tell, the arms leave a lot to be desired; they'll be worked on at some point. It's currently nearing 2k tris - which probably isn't great.

I would appreciate any c&c you guys have, as it'll help me loads. Thanks :)

Replies

• cadyw
    pretty bla, but I am LOVING the cleanliness of your loops
  • Priske415
    The arms a flat, there needs to be somthing that shows; "this is the elbow" "this is the lower arm" ect ect
  • Rhinokey
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    which wreslter? or just a generic one?
  • Willburforce
    Rhinokey - is a tuff call... but i reckon it's gonna be macho man randy savage... it's the hips :poly121:

Tortilla - good start... get the arms sorted- feel your elbow and add it! Then add a head. If base mesh for sculpt = make squared off topolgy - dont worry too much about it all now, get in to the scuplting app as is easy to get the right shapes and pose.

If it is a lo-poly in game mesh... looks pretty nice so far man and you can push more muscles as the topo is going well so far...... if it is in game mesh... do you need to add topology at the elbow joints to allow for better deformation?

I would get the head blocked in ASAP, even if it is simple place holder... it will help gauging everything else easier.

Am thinking a fighting game usually has larger sprites, zoomed in camera.... so higher tri count? Anyone shed any light for tortilla and I on sensible tri counts and texture sizes for a fighting game?
  • TortillaChips
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the replies :D Unfortunately yeah it's just a generic made-up wrestler. I've added a head and tried to define some elbows in there. This base mesh is 5k tris now but the final mesh can be up to 10k for the assignment. The wrestler doesn't need clothes either. I am wondering at the mo, would you add on some hair now or do it after sculpting?

@cadyw - thanks, that's a nice compliment for me

newbasemeshwire2.jpg
    newbasemeshwire.jpg
    newbasemeshsmooth2.jpg
    newbasemeshsmooth.jpg
  • jacob07777
    Offline / Send Message
    jacob07777 polycounter lvl 14
    Now that you got the head on there, his legs are lookin a bit too short. He looks more like a swimmer right now with a massive upper body and smaller legs. Or kinda like Joe from Family Guy if you put him in a wheel chair lol

The elbows in the arms a lookin a lot better now you can really see some more definitition. His feet are lookin a little funky now that you added in the toes, I think the toes need to be a bit larger. They are slightly out of scale compared to the rest of his foot.

The base mesh for the head looks pretty good, I got no comments for that. Otherwise some good progress here from your first model, keep it up
  • TortillaChips
    Offline / Send Message
    It's been too long since my last entry.. don't really know what I've been doing either. Anyway, it's in ZBrush now and I'm currently finishing up on SubDiv 2, just wondering if anyone has any feedback before I move up a SubDiv! The left is SubDiv 2, the right is SubDiv 4 - just to see a smoother result.

subdiv2.jpg
  • Harry
    Offline / Send Message
    Harry polycounter lvl 13
    his posture looks a tiny bit weird, but itll probably be better to edit that after you bake