Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

RUN!!!

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
UPDATED 2-10-10 blue runner image added
UPDATED 2-09-10 green runner image added
UPDATED 2-08-10

ok you guys,, remember i was working on that techs mechs thing a while back. after my coder vanished over the holidays it left me to re evaluate the game and i decided that it was a much to complex thing to attempt to do with an online team and it being my first independent game project.

so i spent some time thinking and planning and am not under way on another game. a much smaller scale game called

RUN!!!

its an extreme foot race game set in the future

here is a youtube vid explaining the very simple basics of the game.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReYOA_1tmaQ[/ame]
i like to think of it as a mix between sonic the hedge hog / marble madness / pitfall

controls for the game are a simple 3 keys

i'm working with the phenom Jouste who is doing concepts, the plan is to set it in the same universe as his slaughterball concepts (slaughterball may even be a game in the future if this all works out)
here is the first concept red runner our average runner, he is an all around middle ground runner,, not too fast not too slow. and recovers from falling at an average pace.
wugs_01.jpg
wugs_rortho_01.jpg
up next the green runner boulder,, he's slower than the other runners but sturdy as a.. well boulder. you wont break any speed records, but you will sure break fewer bones,, boulder recovers his ballance faster than any other runner, and also gets to his feet the fastest of the 3 when he takes a tumble
boulder_01.jpg

and finaly the third and last runner of the run family ... Rodney the blue runner. he's fast and agile but all that speed has a trade off. when rodney crashes, he crashes hard.
rodney_01.jpg

the plan is to do it for pc and if it has a good fan base then move on to trying to get it done for iphone, but with tilting the phone being the controls.

unity is the engine planed for this project, i have several coders who have expressed interest in the project but have not picked one out yet.

if anyone on these boards is an acomplished unity coder and want in on this totaly sweet game, give me a PM.

Replies