Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Different creative outlet: Music

polycounter
Offline / Send Message
Makkon polycounter
Please excuse my horrid inactivity since I got back. I've had a very harsh artist's block and seeing as how I can't hardly draw anything worth beans, I've tried something else. I know this is a game art forum, but I love you guys, and I respect your feedback.

I started thin on thursday, and it's gradually getting better. I'm liking the feel it has, but it may be a little too repetitive. Obviously it's not finished, so excuse the lack of an ending.

...I had a dream like this once, where I started falling upward out into space, and picked up tremendous speed as I passed by planets, stars, and eventually galaxies. And then, somehow, I ended up falling back to earth with a soft landing on my feet.
stats.png

I'm very open to suggestions.

Older stuff
Click here to download blah22.mp3
http://boards.polycount.net/showthread.php?t=50413

Replies

• Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    nice, what are you using to record it? not sure if i'm a fan ot the twangy metalic soundin instrument in it tho.
  • boudreau22
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    boudreau22 polycounter lvl 9
    That was a good listen man. I was listening to it at the link for the first 20 seconds or so and then left it playing while I looked through the forum. When it ended I felt like it was missing. Playing it again now (:
  • Makkon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Makkon polycounter
    Appreciate it, guys. :)

Rhinokey: You might be right, though I'm not sure what to put into it's place. I'll tweak around with it.

boudreau22: I've been doing that all day, too; it really clings to you. Glad you enjoyed it, man.

Here's an updated version: expanded it, gave it an ending, and added an extra subtheme (which may not have been a good thing, but it seems to work).

stats.png
  • NoChance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This has a lot of potential, and is still really good but I think you can do a lot to improve it.

I agree about the repetition, the main piano line is fine later in the song when it drops off into the background but you could definetely use it more effectively in the beginning if you build on it by adding in a harmonizing piano or change up the line just slightly so it builds up.

I also agree with the metallic twangy sound, I don't know if thats an effect that can be turned down its not that terrible just entirely to strong, it should be more of a hint of it. Although(and I noticed this as I was listening) When it starts getting into the fast background beats it sounds really good.

Listened to it like 3 times I really like it.