Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

the c4 bomb

igi
polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
igi polycounter lvl 12
actually i made this asset a couple of months ago (in fact my latest serious work) but i wanted to bless with polycounters comment and critiques...so here are the stuff:

15rk1hl.jpg
1zhe38.jpg
2ykcol1.jpg
14oas79.jpg
2sb4a48.jpg

Replies

• Nistrum
    Offline / Send Message
    Nistrum polycounter lvl 9
    nice but thats a massive polycount for something like this.. im sure if you gave it some you could probably cut that down.. if u post a wireframe i might retract that but it seems awefully high for a side prop like this
  • MRico
    Offline / Send Message
    MRico polycounter lvl 10
    I like it! No real crits from me...

...Shouldn't it have metal rods with cables sticking out of it?...Or is that not how they are in real life?

My knowledge of C4's is all Die Hard.
  • oobersli
    Offline / Send Message
    oobersli polycounter lvl 17
    put some ao around the c4 where the blasting cap/pimp bomb things are attached.
  • LEViATHAN
    Offline / Send Message
    LEViATHAN polycounter lvl 11
    So how exactly does this one work? C4 requires both electric current running trough it and external pressure (ie. blasting cap) to set it off. The pipes on the side aren't connected to anything and the device is apparently attached to the tape? :shifty:
  • igi
    Offline / Send Message
    igi polycounter lvl 12
    thanks for the comments...i can say its not a prop its a 1st person model,thats why i used much polies and about the working mechanism those pipe boms for side effect...it doenst need a wire connection...when c4 explodes then it effects to the pipe bomb and all stuff are exploding...

can we critique on technical side pls? and does it worth for a folio? because the a few month has been passed now i can do slightly better stuff...i dont have a folio yet...actually planing to make a folio...
  • Jet_Pilot
    Offline / Send Message
    Jet_Pilot polycounter lvl 10
    i would suggest making the main block of c4 more smooched looking instead of a ridged block. Make it look more like someone packed it into that shape instead of a rectangle with chamfered edges.
  • [Deleted User]
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] polycounter lvl 18
    I thought C4 came in a rubbery block form like Roma Plastilina. This looks more like it's encased in a metal housing or something. I know you wanted crits on the art not the accuracy, but I'm mentioning it because I'm not sure if it's a texturing issue or if it's supposed to look like that. If it is supposed to be a box rather than the uncovered plastique itself, it would be more believable with some kind of seam or machining line around the perimeter (unless there's a reason they wouldn't have those because of how they're made or something).

It looks good overall. If it's not accurate to how they look in real life, that would be it's only major flaw, I think. But it's nice to look at. It's hard to give more technical crits without seeing the wireframe.
  • pliang
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    Though not a practical design, if you put it in a little set of other terrorist tools/in a scene it can be a decent portfolio piece. Right now I can't help but notice the obvious things that makes it work like others said. Maybe add a few wires and some glows for the screen to make it look "armed".

Some wears and contact edges on the casing would be nice too.
  • roosterMAP
    Offline / Send Message
    roosterMAP polycounter lvl 12
    i was on Tactical Assault for a couple months. how is that mod going?
  • dejawolf
    Offline / Send Message
    dejawolf polycounter lvl 18
    its looking nice. could use some shadows where the casing meets the metal cylinders.
  • crazyfingers
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfingers polycounter lvl 10
    Just a couple crits, could use some grungy buildup around the side of the black tape, right now the transition is a little strong. The numbers are a little too clean and almost look emmisive, maybe darken 'em up a bit. Diffuse on the metal seems a little bright, like the top bit is under different lighting than the bottom. Most importantly, some red numbers on the gadget would really sell the fact that this is a bomb :)

Good work, i love the tape, especially how you pulled off the clear plastic tape.
  • dv8ix
    Fancy celphone for an explosive