Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Mr Bear

EMC3D
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
EMC3D polycounter lvl 7
Just a brief introduction to all,

My real name is Elliott, I live in the Midlands, United Kingdom. I'm currently on a Degree in Computer Games Modelling & Animation , in my second year, second semester. I aspire to break into the industry as an Environment Artist.

Critique all you can / want, i'm rusty in alot of areas and this is definetly going to help me learn to better my craft.

Some of my old completed work,

Realtime_Marmoset___Cannon_by_Ell1ott.jpg

Realtime_Marmoset___Cannon_2_by_Ell1ott.jpg

Steambike___UDK_Realtime_by_Ell1ott.jpg

Steambike___Render_2_by_Ell1ott.jpg

Steambike-Render-2-150313966

3D_Modern_Environment__33__by_Ell1ott.jpg

Replies

• EMC3D
    Offline / Send Message
    EMC3D polycounter lvl 7
    And a quick WIP for a UDK assignment for University, very early development, we have 3 months for the final hand in, so not much as of yet to show. I currently have about 4 module assignments, 1 including a team of artists i am in control of to create a racing game with programmers in gamebyro, so i should be able to post quite alot of upcoming work in the next few days / weeks.

2yvkz09.jpg
  • JaySmitt
    Offline / Send Message
    JaySmitt polycounter lvl 13
    That steam bike is awesome, try making the cannon a little more unique try adding bits to it that have a purpose such as a telescope or whatever you want. May I ask what university you go to?
  • EMC3D
    Offline / Send Message
    EMC3D polycounter lvl 7
    JaySmitt wrote: »
    That steam bike is awesome, try making the cannon a little more unique try adding bits to it that have a purpose such as a telescope or whatever you want. May I ask what university you go to?

I'm at Derbyshire University, and thanks, yeah the cannon needs touching up in the future with an unique factor :P.
  • JaySmitt
    Offline / Send Message
    JaySmitt polycounter lvl 13
    Just checked out the video on derby's website for your course, any particular games industry professional that frequently visits derby?
  • EMC3D
    Offline / Send Message
    EMC3D polycounter lvl 7
    JaySmitt wrote: »
    Just checked out the video on derby's website for your course, any particular games industry professional that frequently visits derby?

We had one of the Character Artist's at Rebellion come in each week, but Rebellion has closed down now in derby. We also have Eurocoms old lead environment artist coming in alongside our normal teaching staff coming out of Sony, Codmasters and Lionhead.
  • Ged
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    sounds fairly good, my uni didnt even have anyone that knew 3d. good start to the sketchbook, its hard to tell the size and function of the gnomish steambike without the gnome and the gold ring doesnt look much like metal looks like the specular is too high so its more wet than shiny
  • EMC3D
    Offline / Send Message
    EMC3D polycounter lvl 7
    Ged wrote: »
    sounds fairly good, my uni didnt even have anyone that knew 3d. good start to the sketchbook, its hard to tell the size and function of the gnomish steambike without the gnome and the gold ring doesnt look much like metal looks like the specular is too high so its more wet than shiny

Aye thanks, i will definetly mess with the specular settings in the future for metal in unreal, i can see where you're coming from.

Derby is one of the best out there IMO, i heard Tesside was pretty good also, but the new first years for this course have come in at a staggering 72 people. That being said, by the time you reach the third year, the original number drops quite a bit.
  • EMC3D
    Offline / Send Message
    EMC3D polycounter lvl 7
    emc_med_43.jpg

Small Oblivion inspired scene [Fighter's Guild] which I've been working on a few hours each month. Looking to finish it up this month and move on from what I've learnt. Comments welcome.