Home General Discussion

Mypaint 0.8.0 released.

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
willy-wilson polycounter lvl 8
Mypaint 0.8.0 was released, i think its a nice update.

http://mypaint.intilinux.com/?p=302

Replies

• A-N-P
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A-N-P polycounter lvl 6
    This looks like a cool program, gonna download it and give it a go. Anyone have any other opinions on this program? Is it worth getting used to? and good features?
  • funshark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    funshark polycounter lvl 16
    Very nice! :)

powerful brush edition and color selection tool
    intuitive shortcut creation and good global performances

Nice ideas into the Wiki too

I'd love to see this one growing up in the right way :D
  • A-N-P
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A-N-P polycounter lvl 6
    Downloaded and looks great at first sight. Doesnt seem to have pressure sensitivity though for the wacom.. any way to set this up? or does it simply not support it?
  • funshark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A-N-P : i had similar issue the first time but I could simply not use the pen at all.
    Try to start the soft one more time and verify the options ( edit> settings > pressure > input mode ~ something like that )
    you have 3 options, choose the "screen" one ( i can't tell you the exact terms, mine is in french )

But I assure you it works fine with my Intuos 4
    Try to update your drivers too :)
  • Vrav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vrav polycounter lvl 11
    Restarting the application worked fine for me. This is pretty slick.
  • funshark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maybe it's the same bug than photoshop : you have to keep the focus on the application until it starts completely
    (?)
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Try unplugging you wacom before you launch mypaint and then plugging it in once it's fully loaded. This was an issue in the beta, and it's been fixed for me, but who knows... might do the trick for you.
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dejawolf polycounter lvl 18
    this one seems cool. wonder if there's any tilt support in the future.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Amazing app, think I've found a bug though. Anyone else find that their layer names dissapear once you reopen a document?
  • Vrav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vrav polycounter lvl 11
    Blenderhead: I tried that out, and yes. The program definitely has its quirks. I'd always avoided art applications with lots of natural media effect brushes, but this stays true to its purpose: minimum distractions. Way better than my experiences with Painter.

This was my test subject, using Sketch 2 and Wet Soft in the brush group called ram
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vrav wrote: »
    Blenderhead: I tried that out, and yes. The program definitely has its quirks. I'd always avoided art applications with lots of natural media effect brushes, but this stays true to its purpose: minimum distractions. Way better than my experiences with Painter.

Aye it's fantastic so far...really nice to work with.
  • Sandro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mmm.. neat little app.

But it has some noticeable lags on my pc, especially with large brushes.
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blenderhead: That one's been reported, and will likely be fixed in the next release.
    Also, tilt support is already in the Portnov branch, but hasn't been merged into the main program.
  • bearkub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bearkub polycounter lvl 18
    Does anyone have a download link for this that works? The links on the main page are getting a connection refused error which usually means they are at capacity.
  • A-N-P
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A-N-P polycounter lvl 6
    funshark wrote: »
    A-N-P : i had similar issue the first time but I could simply not use the pen at all.
    Try to start the soft one more time and verify the options ( edit> settings > pressure > input mode ~ something like that )
    you have 3 options, choose the "screen" one ( i can't tell you the exact terms, mine is in french )

But I assure you it works fine with my Intuos 4
    Try to update your drivers too :)

Ok i will try this once I have a minute. Thanks
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Does anyone know how to move/scale layers?
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blenderhead: you don't. Their reasoning is that this is something you'd do with photo-editing software, which I can get behind, but especially when pasting in images, not being able to move them around is an enormous drawback, especially considering images don't just get pasted in the middle of the screen (this would make it workable for me), but at one particular point (the initial middle of the document, x:0/y:0, if you will)
    Interestingly enough there is apparently a script which send images from Mypaint to Gimp and back. I might just install Gimp for quick edits in Mypaint, provided that script works well.

Oh, also, Mypaint 8.1 was just released. I haven't installed it yet (Haven't used layers yet, so don't suffer from that bug) out of fear of it messing something up, heh.