Home General Discussion

Global Agenda - FPS MMO

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
TelekineticFrog polycounter lvl 18
So I saw Global Agenda has released to those that have pre-ordered and goes retail live tomorrow...anybody try it out yet? It looks interesting and is one of the few FPS MMO games that are starting to crop up. I'm considering giving it a shot but wondered if anybody had gotten around to playing it yet and what their impressions are so far. It uses Unreal to power it which seems like a good thing. The videos of game play and how you mod your character as you progress seems cool.

Replies

• danshewan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danshewan polycounter lvl 8
    I'm pretty excited by the potential that Global Agenda has. It looks pretty slick, despite some of the official media screenshots looking a little generic, but it certainly seems to be well-received by the press. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on where it goes a year or so after launch, but I doubt I'll get into it before that.

Man, there's way too many MMO's right now.
  • oobersli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oobersli polycounter lvl 17
    been playing it since friday, i'm having a blast with it. I got so burned out with rpg mmos this is a nice change of pace.

It doesn't have the large scale feel of WoW since its instance based, but once conquest mode is unlocked maybe that'll change. I hope a lot of the fps community will give this a try.

If ya get a chance to play, look me up. chars name is Tearorwrist. leveled a medic to 10, pretty fun class to play if you like playing medic in like tf2.
  • Avanthera
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Avanthera polycounter lvl 10
    Yeah, I was an Alpha tester a while back, Beta too. it seems like the same game that I played in Alpha. Though I hear alot has been changed in the last few months of beta and in the final release. (got anew computer, havent installed anything but art-stuff so far)

All in all, i think its a fun game, lots of decent potential.
    I think I may buy it. lots of fun to go into battle with a pimped-out recon, rocket up to the highest spot and start sniping. :)
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    I played a bit at the QuakeCon booth last year. I had a good time. It really reminded me a lot of playing Tribes, with all the jetpack action. I really wish I had more free time to play the real game.
  • Scott_W
  • Shogun3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shogun3d polycounter lvl 12
    I was interested in this at first, but I don't feel it loves to the large expansive content like an MMO suggests. I hear it's smaller team battles, where as i'm interested in something larger such as Planetside.