Home General Discussion

MAG - PS3: Anyone playing?

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
TelekineticFrog polycounter lvl 18
I picked up MAG for PS3 yesterday and got a chance last night to run around in it a bit and get set up. It's a lot of fun. I kind of like it more than Modern Warfare 1/2. You actually have to work as a team to achieve goals even though you can go lone wolf if you want, but some things you have to work together to pull off. The 256 player cap for games doesn't hurt either. It's great seeing that many people running about and it doesn't feel like it is crowded or too sparse. The character leveling and creations/modding feels like an MMO in the aspect of the amount of diversity you have to play with.

So is anybody on here playing? If so maybe we should set up a Polycount group. I chose Raven for my initial play, but want to try out the other 2 PMCs as well.

Replies

• odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    I played a few hours in the beta and I have to say... It kinda bored me. No, not because its PS3 (Although the pad kills FPS games IMO), but just because it wasn't well done at all...?

Maybe its just me, but with games like MW2 and BFBC2 around, this is gonna get lost :(
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Maybe it was because you were playing the beta ;) Aside from design details that may have needed polishing, I imagine that you wouldn't have had enough people in beta to make the 'epic' level battles that this game should provide.

Personally, I'm kinda waiting to hear feedback on the game. I'm a big fan of Tribes, which was very much like this (large scale, team based battles). It may be missing the jetpacks from Tribes, but otherwise, looks interesting.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    sadly I didn't enjoy the beta :( plus i'm happy with MW2 until BF2: Bad Company 2 comes out. Gotta finish darksiders, and just got ME2 yesterday :)
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    notman wrote: »
    Maybe it was because you were playing the beta ;) Aside from design details that may have needed polishing, I imagine that you wouldn't have had enough people in beta to make the 'epic' level battles that this game should provide.

Personally, I'm kinda waiting to hear feedback on the game. I'm a big fan of Tribes, which was very much like this (large scale, team based battles). It may be missing the jetpacks from Tribes, but otherwise, looks interesting.

I dunno the beta was pretty packed mate and reading up on it just now it seems the exact same things I was worried about are in the final still. :(
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    That kinda sucks to hear then. Especially hearing two of you not liking it during beta. I'll still wait to hear back from people who bought the final release, but it's not sounding too good ;)
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    I didnt like the beta either, spawn, run around for 2 mins to get to the front and then killed by some guy charging you with a heavy gun. rinse, repeat over and over. graphically it was meh, understandable for such a lot of characters and wide open environments. Ill pass, the beta for BC2 also kina left a lame taste in my mouth, and I loooved the 1st one.
  • Gilgamesh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gilgamesh polycounter lvl 12
    Pretty much same as Pixel as well, found it pretty meh and BF2BC was bf2 vehicle camping all over again. ME2 and MW2 will have to suffice till Bioshock 2 I think.
  • Quokimbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I want to play this...looks like fun!
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
    I bought it yesterday, I have to say.. this game completely blows MW2 out of the water..well for me at least. I am having so much fun working as a cohesive team and knowing what little role you are doing affects the entire battlefield. Plus it's slower paced, and a lot harder to kill people. Graphics might not be impressive, but I really am having tons of fun.

Frog, I also chose Raven..mainly because we are 3rd place and the underdogs but feel free to add me. "Cruxe"