Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Octopus! WIP

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Firecracker197 polycounter lvl 11
This is what I'm bothering with at the moment, thinking of hand painting the textures.

Maybe I'll make a little sand island for it, with some other corals and things to spice things up.

shot01.jpg

more stuff and smoothed, I'll try and do a lot more before updating again, this is just what I have for tonight. Probably just gunna model out the chest now that I think about it....

shot02.jpg

Replies

• NathanA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looking good so far, only thing I would comment on is I'm not totally convinced of the weight of the lid by the way the octopus is opening it, maybe putting the tentacle under the lip of the lid would make it feel heavier?
  • Two Listen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Two Listen polycount sponsor
    Head seems a bit huge compared to the length and size of its legs. I'm no octopus expert, but you might consider shrinking that head a bit.
  • cycloverid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cycloverid polycounter lvl 15
    I'd try to get in a few paintovers first, assuming you'll go with a cartoony style (as the proportions suggest). Play around with a few different styles - otherwise I'm afraid this might turn out fairly mundane.
  • Firecracker197
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firecracker197 polycounter lvl 11
    I sort of envisioned it as an underwater scene so the lid is more like floating open more than the octopus is actually opening it, hes more just keeping it in place. I'll probably add in some bubbles or something to make that come across.

Octopus heads are pretty damn big, but I'm thinking I'll fatten his legs up a bit so he looks a little better.