Home Technical Talk

Maya Drag and Drop not working

I'm running Maya 2009 on Windows 7.

I used to be able to drag and drop scenes and files from explorer into the maya window without problem, particularly multiple .obj files. Since installing win7 I just get a 'no' icon when trying to do this. Anyone encounter this and/or have a fix?

Replies

• kodde
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kodde polycounter lvl 18
    Seeing that drag-dropping a scene into Maya is actually the import option could it be that you do not have the OBJExport.mll file loaded in the plugin manager?
  • sama.van
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sama.van polycounter lvl 14
    I just tried under W7-64 with Maya 2009-64 and you can still drop 2 obj files at the same time in your scene.

As kodde said check out your plugins list :)
  • throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That was my first stop, still a no-go. I also tried with a .mb file, and that doesn't work either.
  • throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok, found a solution: Don't run from a Desktop icon. I'm using a shiny new button pinned to the start menu.

O_o what?

UAC in Windows 7 has a protection scheme that prevents drag'n'drop between applications of differing privileges. Desktop apparently has a different level than explorer proper, so it won't do it. In theory, UAC being disabled should be the workaround, but it was already off. UAC has more options in fancier versions of Windows 7, but not Home Premium, which I'm running. So, should anyone else run into this, there ya go.

As an added bonus, my media keys now work in the Maya window.
    For further value, this thread was first hit on google for searches on this. Go PC?