Home Technical Talk

LBrush

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
fantasymaster polycounter lvl 12
Has anyone experience with this tool?

http://www.lbrush.com/test/features.htm

It loocks quiet interesting to me, but may be not realy strong enough to create more complex facial animations. How would you do sane kind of hires blend shapes?

Cheers

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No experience with it, but it looks pretty cool. And coming from Joe Alter it ought to be pretty well thought out. Thanks for this.
  • claydough
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    claydough polycounter lvl 10
    holy moly! I searched lbrush on polycount and there is only 1 thread with 2 (now 3) posts?
    I gots Zbrush and am to invested to the feel of ZBrush'e brush to ever switch now but I am not a fan of polygon painting. A sensitive brush in Maya ( texture paint3d in maya I find lacking ). with Maya viewport navigation seems like a wet dream! ( if it works )

I am downloading the beta now ( not sure how you get the key yet... only the 2012 version needs a key? )
    I'd be happy to invest in the commercial version if I can finally just paint in Maya easily without kludgeyness.

Is there another link I can not find here with responses after trying?

Nice brushing?
    easy to edit sensitivity?
    features?
    stencils/projections?

coming from Joe Alter I would have thought the response for such a plug-in would be huge?
    paint_demo.jpg
    The brush for moving/morphing/liquifying the paint/textures looked awesome.

the other sculpt features
    http://lbrush.com/features.htm
  • pinkbox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wow looks pretty awesome. almost a mudbox plugin for maya lol
  • MadnessImport
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pinkbox wrote: »
    wow looks pretty awesome. almost a mudbox plugin for maya lol

SHHHH SHHHHHHH before Autodesk buys it and adds bugs to decrease production time

Such a powerful tool could make Maya More closer to being an all around independent package thus reduce the need for the muddy box

(I thought i seen this for 3ds max to, to lazy to check)
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    3DS Max has viewport canvas, but just like Mudbox, it has seizures if you try anything fancy above 2K textures.

Also, can't paint with Normal Map enabled, although it does have a bitching wrap tile texture function...although ZB has a much better one, even in Alpha stages of Noise Maker.

Honestly, stick with LBrush or ZB.
  • funshark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    funshark polycounter lvl 16
    That's nice but very laggy when starting to subdivide the mesh.
  • Will Faucher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Will Faucher polycounter lvl 12
    Ace-Angel wrote: »
    But just like Mudbox, it has seizures if you try anything fancy above 2K textures.

What? I work with 4k textures in mudbox daily, no issues here. You enjoy bashing on mudbox, don't you?
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    ^
    No, I'm just saying what my experience was with it for about a year. If I import a base Photoshop image in Mudbox, it will literally start flashing and lagging before me.

Maybe hardware issue? Either case, a Normal Map that is mirrored also most times didn't display correctly on my models. If you use Mudbox from the start, it's all fine and dandy, but anything with mutiple import/exports down line never worked well for me.