Home Technical Talk

Mirroring Part of Geometry in Zbrush

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Cyrael polycounter lvl 10
hey guys, I did a search over these forums and over at ZBC but I couldn't find anything, does anyone know if there is a way to mirror part of the geometry of a tool, I dont want to smart resym everything because I've got some nice assymetry going, I just want to mirror one part. Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

Replies

• ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    Cyrael: Have you tried masking off everything BUT the area you want to mirror and then applying Smart Resym? Might give you the effect you're looking for.
  • Cyrael
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cyrael polycounter lvl 10
    That was my next step, luckily I just found a solution to my problem - I was sculpting with one side of this armor with inverted normals so that when I brought it back into maya it would be displayed properly (see attached), but then upon trying to export the normal map it retained only the data from the non sculped inverted normal side. So I went back into maya and deleted the inverted normal side and fortunately was able to reimport it back into the basemesh with no resolution problem. Thanks for the quick reply - and your solution did work that way as well - just tried it!

zbrushosxscreensnapz003.jpg