Home Technical Talk

projection cage /push amount - hotkey

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
disanski polycounter lvl 14
Another question is it possible to have a shortcut for the push amount inside the projection cage. (3ds max ) I checked the customize user interface but could not find it there. It would be very easy if I could just hit a button instead of clicking with the mouse so many times.
Thanks guys

Replies

• DarthNater
    Offline / Send Message
    DarthNater polycounter lvl 10
    You can click and drag to push you know..... I don't know about the hotkey though. I don't think you can...
  • Mark Dygert
    Yea all of the 3dsmax "spinners" (up and down arrows) you can click and drag up or down on and it will adjust the value up and down right along with the amount you drag.

Seems like pushing a key a bunch of times would be just as tedious as pushing a mouse button?
  • disanski
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys.
    I wanted not to have to move the mouse and go to the right so I can quickly select vertex hit the button select the next vertex and so and so. Just trying to find way to be quicker because I lost full day just stetting the cage- now I am doing it all over again :)
    I am aware of the scrolling too.
    Thanks a lot for the response
  • Mark Dygert
    Huh... well I normally don't work like that when tweaking the cage. I didn't even know push worked on selections of verts ha!

I normally reset it (because its a crazy nightmare by default) then push (everything) out and go in and move the verts around by hand using the Select and Move tool.
  • disanski
    Offline / Send Message
    Woow really. it sounds like you know your way around :) most times i try to move verts by hand I get very bad mistakes :) (really bad) I try to only move them by hand in the problematick areas where I think I should adjust it for better results -like the cylindrical shapes. I should most likely try your way because this is not the most interesting part of the process :)