Home Technical Talk

Mouse + Intuos 3 = strange sound on window?

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
sama.van polycounter lvl 14
Shitty problem here...

When I'm moving my mouse or Intuos 3 pen quickly it will create a kind of "wind" sound or kind of "bzzzz" thing under window...
If I turn OFF the sound of window I will continue to listen a very little "zzzz" as background music... this is very distracting when working 3D :(...

I personally never got this kind of problem when my mouse or intuos 3 was connected to my old laptop...

Another example is when I opened a new page in Firefox the parasite sound is more high, like the sound is about the memory process when watching the memory process in the task manager... -____-.....

Does someone know how to delete this kind of parasite sound?

Replies

• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    I assume your computer has an onboard sound card?

I find those pick up electrical interference far too easily, and so there's a constant background hum or buzz just from various devices operating and generating electrical signals.
    I've only ever noticed this problem on computers with onboard sound cards... maybe there's some connections which aren't shielded somewhere?

You could also check your audio cables from your computer to your speakers and see if they're not crossing any power cables or other strong sources of electromagnetic interference. For example if you have a speaker cable that is lying on top of an in-use power plug then it may cause interference directly to the speaker if the cables aren't shielded well (most cables aren't, you have to spend a bit more money to get better audio cables usually).
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You should also make sure you don't have your sound turned up really loud. I only have this problem if there's a really quiet film I put on, and I have to boost the sound a LOT. The sound of the electrical interference will always be there (also when you load a program, for instance), but much more quiet.
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    go in to speaker properties and mute everything but the speakers themselves and see if that helps
  • sama.van
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sama.van polycounter lvl 14
    I found a solution...

After reading your comments I got an idea and gave a look to the Mother card guide and on the backside I have 5 outputs for the sound -__- ....
    The outputs are :

- 3 - Side speaker
    - 4 - Rear Speaker
    - 5 - Central Speaker
    - 6 - Line in
    - 7 - Front speaker
    - 8 - microphone (I didn:t tried that one XD...)

Seriously 2 years ago I only had 1 output for the sound. WTF... Is that normal? haha

I'm sure the stupid Japanese guy he created the configuration last week end connected the front output on the wrong output of the mother card then it could explain the parasite sound... In the book they say to use the Front Speaker output...

Anyway... I hope this thread will help someone a day... or I am definitly a noob :D:D