Home Technical Talk

Zbrush question

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Reverenddevil polycounter lvl 9
I have 2 quick questions regarding Zbrush.

1. When inside of projection master is there a way to rotate the stencil? I can duplicate scale move etc but is there a way to actually rotate it?

2.When making a stroke around an object is there a way to have the stroke effect all the way around say a pillar? If i was to want to sculpt out a ledge on a box or around a pillar and have one side to me how can I get that stroke to effect the whole thing around?

I thought I saw a tutorial about how to do that but dont remember. Thanks..

Replies

• CompanionCube
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CompanionCube polycounter lvl 12
    1. hold down spacebar when stencil is on
    2. radial symmetry
  • Reverenddevil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I hold down spacebar and nothing happens except the menu popping up. Also how can i get my geometry not to blow out when i drop projection master.
  • ngs616
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    For the geometry blowing out make sure you got normalize off.
  • Reverenddevil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Even when i turn it off my geo is to strong causing the area to bulge tremendously. I also still cant rotate the stencil alpha in projection master mode, I also cant get the stroke to go around my object comepletely. It goes part way then not the rest.. Oh Zbrush how I love and hate you...
  • achillesian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    turn on more radial iterations (more red circles) until you only have to move it a little bit. (the new constant layer brush is good for this part so its an even indentation)

I'm not sure what your talking about regarding stencils....
  • Reverenddevil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    When i go into Projection master and drag an alpha on a model I cannot rotate the alpha that I am using, I can only scale move duplicate etc. I want to rotate the projection when im doing it before i have to pick it back up. Also when i do project the alpha on something in projection master it takes the piece of geometry that I am projecting into and bumps out a large chunk not like just using standard brush, with drag selecting an alpha on the object. It also seems like its using to much intensity but I dont know how to turn it down like I can with a normal alpha drag select.
  • divi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    divi polycounter lvl 12
    as far as i know you can only rotate alphas in 90° increments inside zbrush.
    about that intensity thing...
    you are dropping the mesh and then using the single layer or simple brush to dragRect the alpha onto the mesh? adjusting the z intensity doesnt do anything for you? because it works for me to reduce the impact of the alpha. tried it with every combination of settings and it always allows me to reduce the z intensity which results in a smaller bump, so im not sure what you are doing wrong.