Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Zombie Face - Novice

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
TortillaChips polycounter lvl 10
Firstly hey, fairly new here as I've not really been doing anything modelling-wise that could be worth showing :poly124:. I spent a while considering whether this should've actually gone in the 'What are you working on?' section, although technically I have finished. Apologies if it's uneccessary to create this new thread.

For an assignment I've modelled my own face, zombified it in zbrush and then retopped and all that.. well it's all there on the picture anyway. I'd really appreciate any feedback anyone has for it, as I don't really know how good it is. Thanks

texturesheet.jpg

Replies

• Avanthera
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Avanthera polycounter lvl 10
    I really dont see the spec, only on the eyes.
    most bloody and ripped zombie flesh is a bit shiny, i think.
    28 days later ref:
    lie460.jpg
  • Quack!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quack! polycounter lvl 17
    I don't see 3966 triangles on your mesh. Do you have a smoothing modifier on it? For a 2048 map you would expect to see a super detailed map, what you have can be acomplished at a much lower resolution. Let the normal maps do some of the work.

I would consider adding a much finer detail pass to this.
  • TortillaChips
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TortillaChips polycounter lvl 10
    Thanks for the feedback :) I should go out and focus on doing a proper specular map, as the eyes' specularity are actually just painted on! And so the model should be optimized more and then brought out in much greater detail in the textures.
  • Cyrael
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cyrael polycounter lvl 10
    I agree that there's not really enough detail in his face, def. take the advice and let the normal map do some work. Secondly I'd say it needs a bit more detail, try to get some of that flesh to really look like its' hanging off, and get in those crevices and get some bloodied detail in there. Unless you're going for a cartoony zombie, they're supposed to be scary, and honestly if I saw him wandering the street I wouldn't be too scared, I'd just figure he got in a car accident or something, not that he was a zombie, but def a good start!! just try to push it further!
  • Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 16
    definitely do an AO pass and overlay that on top of the diffuse. try adding some more color variation showing sharper details. the texture is extremely muddy, and as stated by chaosquack, the 2048 size doesnt do the texture any justice without any proper detail. try doing some photo manipulation in addition to painting.